Norfolk Dawn

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure whether this is a Landscape or a Birds picture.

This is from north Norfolk last November and I've been looking through my stuff as the "goose season" is approaching!

EOS 1Ds MkII, 500 f/4L IS, tripod, gimbal

C&C appreciated

Paul

Whatever Paul, it catches the atmosphere of the place.

Beautiful tones, Paul. :) Is the horizon a little off though?

I like it too :)

Not sure why but the shed/building is spoiling it a little. Its kind of in the wrong place in the frame and catches my eye. Like the shed is the subject or something. Dunno prob just me :)

Last edited:
I think the shed would work much better if the bottom 1/4 was cropped. This would bring it down in the composition making the sky and birds the feature. Would get in on thirds too.

Beautiful tones, Paul. :) Is the horizon a little off though?

Thanks. Not sure. Think its right as the building looks upright. The land is sloping to the left in the real world as the sea is just off stage left.

I like it too :)

Not sure why but the shed/building is spoiling it a little. Its kind of in the wrong place in the frame and catches my eye. Like the shed is the subject or something. Dunno prob just me :)

Interesting. Thanks Robert. I liked the building but will take a look.

I think the shed would work much better if the bottom 1/4 was cropped. This would bring it down in the composition making the sky and birds the feature. Would get in on thirds too.

The building is just about on the intersection of the thirds as it stands and I personally want to include it as it is part of the scene. However, I do see your point about the bottom and will have a play and see what happens!

Paul

Sorry, Paul, I wasn't clear. I meant to cut the foreground so the horizon was on thirds, not the building. I like the hut, but feel it is too dominant right now.

OK, I've had a quick play. I've tried a 2:1 aspect ratio which isn't one I usually lose but think this probably improves the picture.

Paul

That's much better. It's a cracking shot now.

Back