North England North East Wildlife

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, we are going up to Sunderland next week/weekend, is anyone willing to share any SEO locations or Waxwing that would could visit? Happy to do it via PM.

You could try Rainton Meadows between Sunderland and Durham just off the A690 (it sign posted) check their website

Bempton cliffs rspb for Shorties if you are passing that way
Thanks Mav, we are coming from Exmoor, primary reason is to see family but could maybe persuade them that our granddaughter would love a little trip there

You could try Rainton Meadows between Sunderland and Durham just off the A690 (it sign posted) check their website
Thanks Luthy, I will check that out as its really close to where we are staying

Hi all, we are going up to Sunderland next week/weekend, is anyone willing to share any SEO locations or Waxwing that would could visit? Happy to do it via PM.

I've only just joined the site so too late. I'm from the North East and could have sent some info for you!

I've only just joined the site so too late. I'm from the North East and could have sent some info for you!
No worries and thank you, we are back now but will be back up in a couple of months, our daughter/grandaughers live up there so will be frequent visitors now

No worries and thank you, we are back now but will be back up in a couple of months, our daughter/grandaughers live up there so will be frequent visitors now

No bother, Adam. I know some very good places for the spring arrivals in the North East (pretty much in a short space). We don't get many rarities in County Durham (by other county standards) but we do get some beauty birds easily accessible and in good numbers (compared with some other counties): Ring Ouzel, Spotted and Pied, Green Woodpecker, Redstart, Crossbill, Whinchat, Wheatear, Cuckoo and so on. I suppose it depends on where you are in the country as to whether or not these are commonish birds for you and easily accessible in good numbers.

Owl information may be difficult to come by for a few reasons but where I live we do very well for all 5 British owls. I personally know good spots for all 5 but I don't have the same commitment to waiting patiently for a photograph as I do with the songbirds. For me, the time flies by waiting for the songbirds but an hour feels like a day waiting for an owl.

Either way, 'happy to help with information in the future.

No bother, Adam. I know some very good places for the spring arrivals in the North East (pretty much in a short space). We don't get many rarities in County Durham (by other county standards) but we do get some beauty birds easily accessible and in good numbers (compared with some other counties): Ring Ouzel, Spotted and Pied, Green Woodpecker, Redstart, Crossbill, Whinchat, Wheatear, Cuckoo and so on. I suppose it depends on where you are in the country as to whether or not these are commonish birds for you and easily accessible in good numbers.

Owl information may be difficult to come by for a few reasons but where I live we do very well for all 5 British owls. I personally know good spots for all 5 but I don't have the same commitment to waiting patiently for a photograph as I do with the songbirds. For me, the time flies by waiting for the songbirds but an hour feels like a day waiting for an owl.

Either way, 'happy to help with information in the future.
Thank you again, I will definitely be in touch for me next visit, likely wise if you ended up in Devon/Somerset give me a shout

Back