North Sea Sunrise

Edit My Images
No
Something different today, the bird looks much better in the big pic, the reduction spoilt the edges a bit.

Sigma, 150mm, 1/250, f8

northsea.jpg

Looks good at this size too. Nice warm tones on the crests of the waves too that are reflected from the sky.

Wouldn't be as good without the seagull, really makes the shot.

Cheers Jas, I got lucky with the bird flying in and quickly fired off a few shots, this was the best of bunch.

Excellent

Beautiful shot. The waves are amazing and the sunset gorgeous and I like the bird at the side of the shot (y)

I like that! It would look good on canvas hung on the wall. One of those pictures that you can look at for ages and relax with. Well done. Nice colours.

Can't say more than what's already above, really stunning shot.(y)

What a lovely shot, you've captured that perfectly.

Definitely a wall hanger! :clap:

I like this. There is something in this picture that I am aware of but cannot adequately explain. It relates to the inclusion of the bird.

Take the bird away and you have a well-exposed, reasonably composed shot which in itself would be a pleasing shot. With the bird in however the composition becomes much stronger and I am not sure why. If I wanted balance you would suppose that having the bird on the left would provide that but somehow in this case I don't think that would work.

There is a diagonal formed through the line up of the sun and the bird and the sun which mirrors the diagonals on the waves, perhaps that is where the strength lies.

Sorry for the over-analysis however this shot is fairly simple in it's form yet it has a strong impact and that always impresses me.

:)

(y)

nice colours Ian, wish you'd get bloody MSN so i could come out to some of these places, i was up at 4am this morning wide awake and couldn't get myself out on my own *** i was uninspired lol.

I looked at that photo and just went "ahhhhhhh". Made me feel relaxed in an instant! You really are getting some lovely shots Ian :)

I think this is a cracker. I've never seen the North Sea looking so good.

This will make a sale-able poster - no question.

Thanks guys :D

nice colours Ian, wish you'd get bloody MSN so i could come out to some of these places, i was up at 4am this morning wide awake and couldn't get myself out on my own *** i was uninspired lol.

Know that feeling very well :thinking:

I just like to go out anyway even if I don't take any photo's, just pick somewhere and enjoy the morning/evening walk :)

I keep coming back to look at this. I think its the magnificent colour.

Even if it looks like a nuclear burst at 40 miles.

What works especially well here is that the waves mirror to some degree the shape of the clouds. I think the format works well too. It's always good to see zooms/larger primes being used for seascapes.

Nice work I really like that I would not mind putting that one to canvas.

Cheers

Nigel

I was thinking along similar lines as Himupnorth, even without the bird, it's a well balanced image, with the FG left wave providing the counterbalance to the sun, the sun's reflections in the water provides a needed depth, the bird is an added bonus.

Good work.

Very nice indeed, the bird just adds that bit extra!

:)

Back