North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Autumn Steam Gala.

Edit My Images
No
This was a three day event but I only went on the Saturday due to the fact it hissed down for the other two days!

The first train of the day as the early morning mist lifted was hauled by an unusually dull looking "Tornado".
43290.jpg

As the morning wore on the sun started to break through showing Autumn is on it's way.
(Bit of an experiment this one.)
43570.jpg

Mid day and the weather was perfect.
43690.jpg

Slightly further up the hill.
43760.jpg

Thanks for looking.

really nice photos, surprised the tornado even gets time for a wash

Rode a return journey on the west somerset railway a few weeks back, nice to see it in person, oh and tickets were free so happy days all round.

Saturday 23 October - Autumn Steam Event
Sunday 24 October - Autumn Steam Event
Tuesday 26 October - Green Timetable Bury to Rawtenstall
Wednesday 27 October - Green Timetable Bury to Rawtenstall
Thursday 28 October - Green Timetable Bury to Rawtenstall
Saturday 30 October
Sunday 31 October

It won't be in service on 25 or 29 October, as the owners have requested that these days be reserved for maintenance etc. The ELR will still be running services on these days using one of the other members of the fleet yet to be decided.

We are sure to be busy throughout the visit, so as much volunteer help as possible would be much appreciated. Publicity for this visit is now being prepared in consultation with the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust and should start appearing over the next couple of weeks.

There is still the possibility of a further visitor for the October event and this will hopefully be confirmed over the next week or so. At the moment the line up is 5337, 44871, 47324, 60163 and 71000 (don't know about 32 and 1370 at this stage and 45407 is still out on the main line during the event).

Hope this answers some of the queries and as my friend Mr Layland says, we will confirm details as soon as we have them.

Taken from east lancs forum, please note we have two photographic evenings and a days photo charter planned 21/10/10 with Br Standard 5 73129 also visiting. Any info reqd please feel free to email me sng60007@hotmail.com

Stuart,

These ar an excellent set of pics, as regards the experiment I think its very nice, all I would have done would have let it run on abit more so more of the bullied could be seen, but apart from that very nice, well done :)

Back