Norther Ireland photo's

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Just got around to downloading my images from my recent holiday in Ireland, here you go !, comments most welcome, hope you enjoy !

Glenarrif waterfall

MP3Y2162as1dbt.jpg

Glens of Antrim

MP3Y2176at.jpg

The Giants Causeway

MP3Y2031at.jpg

The waterfall is very nice, perfect exposure there.

agree, #1 for me, other two do nothing for me i'm afraid..

#1 gives a lovely feel for the environment - really like it, I think the third lacks the wow factor of the place (maybe the angle), but then that could just be looking through rose tinted specs as I proposed to my missus there in 2001 and I now live in Norn Iron.

Been meaning to go and tog the Glenarrif waterfall myself since arriving but not yet had the chance :thumbsdown: is it easy enough to get to or is it a mornings hike?

So what was it, all round tour of Ireland or just Ulster (and did you enjoy it)?

(was awful watching the rugby here, some of the locals were supporting south africa :boxer: )

#1 gives a lovely feel for the environment - really like it, I think the third lacks the wow factor of the place (maybe the angle), but then that could just be looking through rose tinted specs as I proposed to my missus there in 2001 and I now live in Norn Iron.

Been meaning to go and tog the Glenarrif waterfall myself since arriving but not yet had the chance :thumbsdown: is it easy enough to get to or is it a mornings hike?

So what was it, all round tour of Ireland or just Ulster (and did you enjoy it)?

(was awful watching the rugby here, some of the locals were supporting south africa :boxer: )

The waterfall is very easy to get to as its just off the main road (A43 iirc) & almost the first place you walk to from the car park - there are more walks up the glen which might get your lungs working but the waterfalls are not a patch on the big one pictured here which is at the bottom of the glen ... Paul ;)

No 1's a nice shot

I think the second one is one of those "personal" shots & probably lacks any strong interest for the "viewer"

With No3 I would have been tempted to get really low & use the stones to emphasise depth of field

just a few thoughts

simon

I tend to agree with most of the above post. There is nothing ion these shots that makes me go wow. The Waterfall is the best, but it's not great as it's a bit hazy in the top left. This can be fixed in PS, as I had a similar problem with a waterfall once. Can't remember how I did it, thats the only thing.

Thanks for the comments guys, must admit I kind of like the haze in the upper corner of the waterfall shot, I kind of think it adds to the realistic effect of the power of the waterfall, looking again I agree no 2 is the weakest no real composition to it, and I will have another fiddle with the levels on the giants causeway image and see if I can make it look any better !.

Alan

Back