Northumberland Scenery

a good set all round but the bench shot with no sky is a real belter.

Agreed - bench shot for me too. With that shot, and the last one of the ruin, is there scope to re-crop the original images so as to move the main subjects off-centre? It would make the shots a little less 'obvious' and perhaps more pleasing. There's a nice looking bridge to the right of the bench shot which I wondered whether you could make more of.

Agree with Marky h, especially the bench, if it was cropped so it was less central, it would be a cracker of an image.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Cant place no 1 but is 2 Eglingham and 3 Chibburn, good set anyhow.

1, 2 and 3 are all the view from Corbies Crags just west of Alnwick. 4 is Druridge Bay.

I've took onboard the advice and cropped the third image, (and added a frame), hopefully this is the right idea:

I'm not sure what the best way to crop the fourth image would be - any suggestions?...

* Edit - after looking at the cropped pic above, the wall in the distance seems a bit off putting, so I've cropped it out:

Yep, it comes alive now, good crop :)

Yes indeed - much more engaging now. Framing helps too :) You could even try cropping out the main tuft front left, which would bring the bridge into context more - the bench would be 'looking at it' then.

Back