Not a pet!

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this last night of one of my Cobra's

Under exposed for impact

823382216_R3E3V-L.jpg

Nice catchlight in his eye, and a very menacing shot (y)
Have you cloned some stuff out at the bottom/left? It's quite visible still to be and really detracts from the rest of the image.

For some unknow reason the shot reminds me of the cover of "Rhythm and Stealth" by Leftfield.

Nice catchlight in his eye, and a very menacing shot (y)
Have you cloned some stuff out at the bottom/left? It's quite visible still to be and really detracts from the rest of the image.

For some unknow reason the shot reminds me of the cover of "Rhythm and Stealth" by Leftfield.

No cloning just straight, mind you the flash was acting odd!

Took this last night of one of my Cobra's

You keep Cobras???? Are you mad?!!!

You keep Cobras???? Are you mad?!!!

Unless you are interested in them in something you'll never understand, a little like women and shoes, and children and running everywhere. I understand the facination with cobras........just not the other two :LOL:

Slippery, I bet its nice to be able to come on a forum and not get flamed for posting photos of venomous snakes. The photo is a cracker, works really well

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, I am fascinated by snakes, but scared stiff of them!!! Once went looking for adders in Norfolk, had no luck, then stopped to take a leak only to see one coiled up at my feet.............

Is keeping venomous snakes legal in UK?

Under the dangerous wild animals act you must be licenced by your local council and have public liability insurance. The cost of this is what deters me getting into venomous. At the moment each LA charges its own penalty....sorry I mean admin fee and Nottingham's was £1600 at the last count. Some LA's charge less than £100.

Graeme is more up on that sort of stuff than me and sure he will be along soon.

Thats amazing you saw an adder, unfortunately I have never had the joy. Seen a few grass snakes at a lake I used to fish at, was over the moon when I saw them.

Beautiful Cobra, Im a Retic guy myself. Dont think Id last long with one of your guys. Im too accident prone and snakes just love bitting me.

Oooh, very menacing shot! Personally I'd have exposed it just a tiny bit more, but everyone likes different things! There definitely is something odd going on in the bottom left corner, I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't have been pointed out though, maybe the flash was reflecting off something a little?

Why would the OP get flamed for posting a picture of a venomous snake? (I get the impression I might be opening a can of worms asking that, but for those of us who couldn't tell the safe end of a snake from the bitey end it's a valid question I think :D)

On reptile forums, a lot of people (usually the ones with no experience) criticise venomous keepers/methods of husbandry when photos are posted.

Manti, Give me a Cobra over a narky retic anyday lol.

I'll be perfectly honest with this shot as it wasnt what I was trying for. The flash misfired for some unknown reason and this was the result.

The raw image was real dark and I lightened it up slightly using curves.

anyway the following shot wasnt as appealing but this is what it looked like.

823382209_6nWXU-L.jpg

Taken from below the cobra whilst my wife was distracting the snappy little dude!

Always helps to have a wife who can help out!

Taken from below the cobra whilst my wife was distracting the snappy little dude!

Always helps to have a wife who can help out!

The insanity continues :wacky: :D

"Darling, please occupy this terrifying snake for me while I take a few photos of it please".....(y) :LOL:

Nice shots. And also nice snake just please tell me its behind glass right?

Course its not behind glass that would spoil the fun in taking it!

That would be like drinking alcohol free beer completely pointless:LOL:

ok so lets get this straight, you have one or more cobras free around your house? I'm sure you know what you are doing but I hope you dont live anywhere near me!!!!

Love the lighting (accidental or not). It's much better than the 2nd, although that does show the patterns of his scales really well.

I love snakes and reptiles, just know absolutely nothing about them, so at the risk of being laughed at, what's a Retic?

ok so lets get this straight, you have one or more cobras free around your house? I'm sure you know what you are doing but I hope you dont live anywhere near me!!!!

Of course they are free to roam around along with the two lions and the tiger!

:wacky:

They are kept in secure vivaria however it is easy to open said vivaria and take images, clean them, care for their needs etc.

Not to keen on the first seems to be very dark on my monitor, i know you meant it to be put i feel its just a bit to dark. 2nd on the other hand though is a great photo, lighting is pretty good and overall image is good.

I really like this - definitely menacing, dark and deadly.

great shot (y)

Beautifull snake Graeme..just a tad too dark for me.Like the second one though,really shows the irridescence!..
Had a play with the first one hope you dont mind.
823382216_R3E3V-L.jpg

id say the retic!! LOL small snakes are damn strong never mind those buggars!!

i used to get right weirdo's coming in asking if we sold any cobras (i worked in a reptile shop) they were alcoholic losers who wanted to show off....(abit like a chav with a bull mastiff/ rottweiler) LOL

they thought having a poisonous snake or huge reptile made them hard! LOL

we had a baby tree monitor...and let me tell u, that was scarier than the fullgrown sand one we had LOL VICIOUS little beggar!

nice shot....i prefer the first one x

As long as it's not a forest cobra, I'd be inclined to agree with you :)

My favourite Cobra funnily enough is the one you took your name from. I think its my favourite as it was the first venomous snake I hook and tailed.

It always makes me laugh when I post images and them people say nice image but I dont like .......

I'm not keen on certain things but I'd comment on the images not my preferences etc.

So for those who like animals of all sorts here is another of the BLack Pakistan Cobra

746380907_eSikS-L-1.jpg

Graeme (the OP), any chance you could label this thread so Terri (Gumbo67) doesn't click on it and be confronted with a picture that could well make her soil herself? She's absolutely terrified of snakes and would be most unhappy if she saw these pics.

Title it "cute fluffy bunnies" ;)

An image can still be nice but technically not great..I like some of your shots for the composition but exposure and focus can be off at times...(as can anyones)
It always makes me laugh when people post images but cannot handle any critique bestowed upon them. Personally I love critique and what one person may percieve as a nice image others may not..:cool:

An image can still be nice but technically not great..I like some of your shots for the composition but exposure and focus can be off at times...(as can anyones)
It always makes me laugh when people post images but cannot handle any critique bestowed upon them. Personally I love critique and what one person may percieve as a nice image others may not..:cool:

No problems mate, I I couldnt handle it I'd not post them!

Loving the pics. I can't give any constructive criticism though, but I know what I like.

Got 13 snakes here although none are on the DWA. My Cali King bites me at every available opportunity though :shake:

Excellent first one for me too , :)
I like snakes too but dont keep them Ive been lucky enough to see adders in the wild not managed a piccy yet though

Back