Not had a good weekend

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
It started on Friday night with one of my harddrives crashing. I managed to use some software tools to get about 75% of the stuff off but it took all Saturday and most of Sunday.

Then today just came home from shopping and find my LCD monitor will not come on. Its the viewsonic VE902M and I think its the power adapter that has blown, as there is no light on the power supply. My problem is I can't find anywhere in the uk where I can get a replacement adapter - its a Potrans UP06511190 19V 3.42A

Any ideas where I might try?

I've tried a google - but my oogle google is not working today (Maybe it's crashed as well)

:(

Allan

Sorry to hear about your troubled weekend m8 ... :eek:

Stupid suggestion, re the monitor power pack, probably KIM ... but it isn't just the fuse in the plug is it ... :shrug:

:p

Here's one clicky My Toshiba laptop adaptor is 19v 4.5v something like this would work eh?

As long as the amps are the same or better it will be fine. The amps rating is a measurement of how much power the psu can supply if asked.

That's spooky, my Dell lcd monitor wouldn't come on today either but I unplugged it at the mains and it fired up OK when I plugged it back in.

that sucks mate, hope you get it sorted...i've had a bad weekend for altogether different reasons. Bad cramps and the squits for 3 days :nuts: :puke:

Thanks guys.

As long as the voltage is correct does the Amp's need to be exactly the same - or will nearly be close enough? do ya think?

Its the voltage that needs to be the same. As long as the current rating is on or higher than required it will work fine. The current is what is drawn by the device being powered, the adapter sets the voltage at which it is supplied.

Back