Not seen any waxwings yet?

It's still very early for them. The fact that there were quite a few spotted in the North East last week may be a good sign that we're due for an irruption this year, like we had in 2009 when I got these images.

I am looking forward to trying to bag one of these as they have some fantastic colours on them... I tried looking on the essex bird spotters website today but couldnt see any indication of what birds are around...

Frank - where did you capture yours at?

*oppps** should have checked the link out better, Goring by sea from the looks of it!

Those pictures of the boy and birds are incredible. Still haven't seen any myself:(

Whats the window for these being around, are they usualy here most of the winter or just whilst certain berrys are out?

Yes I have seen them. 150 outside my front door. Gorgeous light, approchable and berries an all the trees. Just on my way to work. AAAArrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Been wanting to photograph them for years and the best chance I've had and had to leave them behind. So close to not going to work that Monday morning!!!

I'm hoping to go in search of some this weekend, anybody know of any near Leeds or Hull?

Yes I have seen them. 150 outside my front door. Gorgeous light, approchable and berries an all the trees. Just on my way to work. AAAArrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Been wanting to photograph them for years and the best chance I've had and had to leave them behind. So close to not going to work that Monday morning!!!
*caugh*. hello is that work? Yes, it's *sniff* Taxi here, I have a very bad cold today *caugh*

I am AMAZED that is not how you're morning proceeded after seeing that outside your front door lol

My wife is going mad that she has yet to see one. Any sitting in Swindon area

Check your local bird sightings blog and also bird news extra on BirdGuides

so many people missing them when they're up the road!

I think I would have had a flat tyre that morning, be in about an hour late......

My wife is going mad that she has yet to see one. Any sitting in Swindon area

7 sat in the tree at work in Newbury this morning - camera is at home.
Hopefully they'll be there tomorrow. They are currently eating the berries

Thats always the case lol

I checked out the local sightings but there gone:(

Thought I saw 3 today but no joy:(

Keep it with you I'm sure you will get the shot.

Been looking at the site and since they left Grange Park nothing but fly overs:(

Went for a long drive around those areas and thought I did see 3 or 4 fly over into bushes but could not get a clear view.

The albino phesant would also be a nice sighting and even better a great photo.

Back