Not so cold

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well just today we have had 2 pairs of bluetits take nesting material into different nest boxes in my back garden. I have watched all 4 birds at once in the garden with a couple of them in nest boxes at once. They are taking grass etc from my garden into the boxes. This is about 2 months to early and just wonder if its because its been very very mild and wet this year as opposed to frozen and snowy...Cold weather due next week though so it may put a stop to their nest building....

It'a actually been average or below since October, maybe that's part of it - winter seemed to start early so they feel this milder spell which started just before Christmas is spring already.

I have a honeysuckle growing over my woodland hide, it is starting to push leaves through already.

I have a honeysuckle growing over my woodland hide, it is starting to push leaves through already.

Watch it dont start creeping through yer ears as well. Must say Mark I spotted a couple of Bt`s a couple of weeks back going into a nest box. Is it perhaps they know something regards to a bout of cold weather and are using them just for shelter :shrug: But like Ade mentions there are also things sprouting which should not be, I have a Jasmin which is still climbing up the shed wall :thinking:

Back