Not to sure

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Im not sure why but i cant seem to get on with this pic. It has a nice subject on a nice perch but something just doesnt seem right to me--any ideas what to do to rescue it.

Goldfinch-1.jpg

seems to have too much green for me. How about converting to B&W then selective colouring the bird and teasel ?

If you can make the subjects smaller by not cropping as tight, or option B flip the image so the the subjects are on the right of frame.

Option B should work, as rules of composition suggest that subjects in the right third are easier on the eye.

I see what you mean with this one Mark, the first thing I did notice was that the head was looking soft, the eye does have catchlight but seemed a bit dull. I gave the top half of the bird a selective sharpen and also ran a bit of dodge and burn just on the eye, not sure what it looks like to you :shrug: I think you might well be right about having some more stem of the teasle in view. It of coarse might even be the pose itself, I had a very similar shot the other week. Here is an edit for you to chew on ;) Oh yeh I forgot, I did drop the green down a bit on the bg, although that may not be to everybodys taste.

Gold1.jpg

Your edit is much better mate, i think the main trouble with the first edit was the sharpness it made it look a bit flat (y)

Back