Not trying to act dumb

VR = Vibration Reduction. In short, the VR will compensate for camera shake (caused by you trying to shoot at too lower shutter speed for the length of lens)

The basic rule is, your shutter speed should be at least the length of the lens (i.e. a 300mm lens would have to have a shutter speed of 1/320th), but a VR lens will allow you to shoot 3 stops slower than you'd normally be able to

VR = Vibration Reduction. In short, the VR will compensate for camera shake (caused by you trying to shoot at too lower shutter speed for the length of lens)

The basic rule is, your shutter speed should be at least the length of the lens (i.e. a 300mm lens would have to have a shutter speed of 1/320th), but a VR lens will allow you to shoot 3 stops slower than you'd normally be able to

So worth paying abit extra for?

Does it require any more technical fiddling?

As im not to good with that stuff

Thanks,dave0493

Nope.. It's as technical as turning a switch on and off :D

Actually, I've got a lens with it on and I have to say, I very very rarely use it, it'll only help with camera shake, if you've got too slow a shutter speed for the conditions, you'll end up with motion blur from the subject, which VR can't do anything about.

I do find it useful if I do anything motorsporty though (which is once in a blue moon :D)

Back