Not Watching Now

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
DSC_7928_900_web.jpg

I can't remember whether I have ever posted this here, but reworked. The Control Tower at a long abandoned wartime RAF station in Devon, viewed across the peritrack, taken under brooding autumn evening skies two years ago.

Nikon D80, reworked in CS6, Color Efex (luminosity) and SilverEfex (conversion, toning, grain).​

a good period capture with the feeling of time gone by
for me i would have to choose land or sky to eliminate the central subject purely on composition grounds
land for me
cheers
geof

Thanks Geoff.

Funnily, I posted this on another forum and a positive comment was made about the bullseye composition...

Not something I would normally favour either, but I think sometimes the rules can be broken!

hi Toby
well i can take some stick for making wrong judgements and i wouldnt disagree with anyone on their perspectives and can see mine perhaps are a bit hide bound..(y)
cheers
geof

Oh I like this so much. It has such a "retro" (hate that term) feel to it. Print it.

Lovely shot, great monochrome tones. I never tire of this type of "Ghost Field" shots. Agree with Geoff I wold crop some of the sky to solve the 50/50 horizon divide. Great shot still though.

Oh I like this so much. It has such a "retro" (hate that term) feel to it. Print it.

Lovely shot, great monochrome tones. I never tire of this type of "Ghost Field" shots. Agree with Geoff I wold crop some of the sky to solve the 50/50 horizon divide. Great shot still though.

Thank you both. I have printed it on my Epson 3800, and yes, pleased!

The sky has to stay - too much part of the story, being an airfield. Cropping takes more away than it gives. I tried!

Back