November Wedding

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken Yesterday on the wedding that we had. I was second shooter - taken at two different venues - Here are some of the day The full set can be viewed on flickr.

1. Bride and Dad Arriving
2992465799_65c7d1e78e_o.jpg

2. You May Kiss the Bride
2992465787_403370cac1_o.jpg

3. Against Brickwork
2993186131_c4b27c7a34_o.jpg

4. The Bridesmaids
2993186107_9cbba06abf_o.jpg

5. Sat Under the Tree
2992905663_0e6c10d17c_o.jpg

6. A Toast to Us
2993749212_86c4ff4916_o.jpg

7. Kissy Shot
2993749204_22cfec66ec_o.jpg

8. Bride Only
2993749206_52aa2fb26b_o.jpg

9. Bride & Groom
2993188507_3ed35770ea_o.jpg

10. Cutting the Cake
2993188491_2fbca1f433_o.jpg

View the rest of sethere and please feel free to also leave comments there.

Last edited:
No.5 really has an autumnal feel. Great colours. (y)

How much PP work have you done on them?

No.5 really has an autumnal feel. Great colours. (y)

How much PP work have you done on them?

Luckily with the wedding being yesterday [1st November] the autumn colours were everywhere :)

They've all had some PP on them. Sharpen, slight blur, gradient map - but the way its used is changed to overlay/softlight etc..., bit of dodging and burning, bit of contrast, added a slight vignette, and the border - occasionally a bit of diffuse glow too.
It sounds a lot - but its easy to open up and do it, in a minute...or even less if I had it saved as a pre-saved action.

Last edited:
I like No.8. The only criticism is the light reflection in the floor is distracting. :)

Is it me or are first few shots not level? Look slightly to right.

The reflection shots might work better for me if brides head etc wasn't cut off.

6, 7 and 10 are spot on for me the colours in 4 and 5 seem a bit too much for my taste - but that might be my monitor and i agree with KoG re the reflections.

Is it me or are first few shots not level? Look slightly to right.

The reflection shots might work better for me if brides head etc wasn't cut off.

The 2nd shot, is level - it doesnt look it but its level with the table, and the unit above it, but the roof isnt "straight" if that makes sense...which kinda "throws" the whole picture. Bloody old buildings!!!! And that room was NOT designed for photographers - AT ALL....

Shooting with the 90mm lens, meant I couldnt get the entire "reflection" of the bride in the floor. this was due to me actually being sat in the bar, shooting the image through a doorway...I wasnt drinking, but it was the only place I could get the actual image!!!!

6, 7 and 10 are spot on for me the colours in 4 and 5 seem a bit too much for my taste - but that might be my monitor and i agree with KoG re the reflections.

The colours in no 4, have actually been de-saturated....they were the actual colours!!! No 5, hasnt had much pp work done on it colour wise....but hey-ho :)

Glad you like the others though ruth :)

Stunning stunning set. I have my first few weddings as the main tog coming up, I am not looking forward to it, I honestly think I am incapable of nailing the shots.

Stunning stunning set. I have my first few weddings as the main tog coming up, I am not looking forward to it, I honestly think I am incapable of nailing the shots.

I Love being Second Shooter - I have no desire to be the main tog for the time being. I get the shots that I get. I'm a paid second shooter - and I get to have "fun" I dont envy you! :D

To be brutally honest if that's truly how you feel then you shouldn't be doing it. Just my opinion of course so feel free to ignore me :D

I didn't go as the main photographer until I was completely confident that I could capture their special day without ruining it. I was really looking forward to my first wedding and enthusiasm and confidence really is crucial IMO.

Back to the OP, No. 1 is great!

No. 2 isn't level, you can tell by the cabinet behind them - look at the right side of the cabinet for example, that is not vertical. Straighten it up and it will look much better! I'd also be tempted to make the shadow at the bottom horizontal too.

No. 3 I'm unsure. I really like it in some ways but I find the wall a little too distracting. Maybe softening the wall a bit to give a bit less detail or just turning it to B&W may help?

No. 4, 5, and 6 are all nice shots although 5 appears wonky but i know it isn't. I think its how they are sat that gives this impression (yes i know its on a hill and the tree is tilted :p)

No. 7 kiss looks a little too posed/false but I know thats just how they turn out sometimes and I'm far too guilty of over analysing photos :D

No. 8 & 9 are both spoilt slightly by the half reflections otherwise they are lovely. Couldn't you have dropped to a 50mm and cropped in instead?

No. 10 I feel has too many hands there and I'm not a big fan of putting photos at a big angle although I don't know what other distractions are around.

Very well done Dellipher :clap::clap:

Theyre great shots, and well done to you.

I have to say though, that isn't the main idea NOT to blow the brides white dress out?

You have blown it out in the first 5 shots at least.

Perhaps that is just the post processing and I know the actual bride and groom never even notice that they are blown out unless they are photographers so I guess it doesnt matter. (y)

To be brutally honest if that's truly how you feel then you shouldn't be doing it. Just my opinion of course so feel free to ignore me :D

Freebies, charitable gestures so to speak. Both are aware of my situation, so the pressure is not the same as getting paid £2K to do it.

Still I do not want to dissapoint, I just need to hope I do well.

I didn't go as the main photographer until I was completely confident that I could capture their special day without ruining it. I was really looking forward to my first wedding and enthusiasm and confidence really is crucial IMO.

Back to the OP, No. 1 is great!

Thanks Craig, Its hard when shooting on a fixed lens, to get these types of shots, especially in full length.

No. 2 isn't level, you can tell by the cabinet behind them - look at the right side of the cabinet for example, that is not vertical. Straighten it up and it will look much better! I'd also be tempted to make the shadow at the bottom horizontal too.

I re-looked at this in CS3, and even thought I straightened it, its still not 100% straight, as I thought it was when I looked at it last nite, but it was late. Lol

No. 3 I'm unsure. I really like it in some ways but I find the wall a little too distracting. Maybe softening the wall a bit to give a bit less detail or just turning it to B&W may help?

I wanted to make the wall, as much of a part of the photograph as the couple. I wanted to keep it in colour, rather than in BW -so may just play around with the processing.

No. 4, 5, and 6 are all nice shots although 5 appears wonky but i know it isn't. I think its how they are sat that gives this impression (yes i know its on a hill and the tree is tilted :p)

At least you know its on a hill, and the tree is tilted. And I know it does appear to be "wonky" I did think about straightening it - but then thought it may just look too weird....cos thats not how its supposed to be.

No. 7 kiss looks a little too posed/false but I know thats just how they turn out sometimes and I'm far too guilty of over analysing photos :Ds

Yep, you are over analysing :p Although DD, was taking the main shots, and i was almost stood outside taking this one.

No. 8 & 9 are both spoilt slightly by the half reflections otherwise they are lovely. Couldn't you have dropped to a 50mm and cropped in instead?

Nope, at the weddings I shoot fixed 90mm lens, dont swap [rarely] dont change. I only swapped on this wedding for the inside shots, to the 18-70 cos even at ISO1000 on the D200 I was still only get 1/20th. I actually like the reflections as they are, may "cut" a bit more off the bottoms to see if that helps at all

No. 10 I feel has too many hands there and I'm not a big fan of putting photos at a big angle although I don't know what other distractions are around.

Ahh as second shooter I have more choice over the "jaunty" angles, so therefore I can afford to take them. Having two photographers at the wedding though, sometimes the jaunty angles, fit in really well with the "straight" shots

Very well done Dellipher :clap::clap:

Theyre great shots, and well done to you.

I have to say though, that isn't the main idea NOT to blow the brides white dress out?

You have blown it out in the first 5 shots at least.

Perhaps that is just the post processing and I know the actual bride and groom never even notice that they are blown out unless they are photographers so I guess it doesnt matter. (y)

Hi Janice, thanks for the comments.
The main Idea is not to blow the brides dress....and a lot of this is just the type of processing that I have used on them. However, the one of them sat under the tree, from where I was stood etc [miles away from the tree it seemed] there was almost no choice but to blow the brides dress - and Ive heard it passed around many a pro-tog that, as long as you've got the shot, who cares if the dress is a bit blown, cos they wont realise. Probably sometimes NOT the best attitude to have, but hey-ho :)

The internal shot, as mentioned above to Craig, the light that came through the window, was hitting the back of her dress, and was blowing it, but everything else was so dark, sometimes you have to unfortuntely make those choices

Freebiese charitable gestures so to speak. Both are aware of my situation, so the pressure is not the same as getting paid £2K to do it.

Still I do not want to dissapoint, I just need to hope I do well.

I'm sure you'll do fine Gary, go in with lots of "idea's" have a "mood board" or page or something that youve "borrowed" idea's from. Trawl flickr for ideas, etc....go and have a look around the place for idea's take a friend to "model" with you and test shots for you. This gives you an idea of whre your going from shot to shot to shot - and know how much time you have....cos tthat is an important factor [and think what you're going to do if it rains!]

These are lovely, :clap::clap:(y)(y) no 8 has to be my favourite, it's just a shame about the table in it.

These lead me to ask something Ive wondered for ages, is it best to keep to mainly one style of processing right through the wedding shots to ensure continuity? Some b&W, some dreamy etc.

ive noticed the colour ones here have been processed in lots of different ways... they are all lovely, some more orangey than others but will it look at bit scrappy if there are so many different styles?

These lead me to ask something Ive wondered for ages, is it best to keep to mainly one style of processing right through the wedding shots to ensure continuity? Some b&W, some dreamy etc.

ive noticed the colour ones here have been processed in lots of different ways... they are all lovely, some more orangey than others but will it look at bit scrappy if there are so many different styles?

I'll answer that one Janice

Adele Shoots for me (us) in a manner asked, then her images come to be as RAW files for processing in the 'dg-photography' manner (call it a 'Look' if you will) to maintain continuity

What you see on here are Adele's take on her own PP - not for the client

That said, if a client is buying individual images as prints etc. they will be offered different styles to choose from, and either Adele's or my own take on them can be individual rather than as per batch processing

I think the album or DVD would look daft if there were too big a range of styles within it

Good question btw - should be in the Business Forum too (y)

DD

Good question btw - should be in the Business Forum too (y)

DD

Thanks DD... although Ive never looked in the business forum.....far too high-brow for the likes of me! ;)

Back