Numpty alert- Elements 6 workflow question

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I've looked through the threads on here- honestly!!! :help:

Sorry to ask but the more i think about it the more confused i get :thinking:

I shoot raw + jpeg on a D50 & I download both into XP. I then select the keepers from the binners & deleted the dross.

I then open PSE6 & import the RAW files & play around with the raw details. When I am happy I open them into the main Elements editing software. After further tweaking i then save the modified files as JPEGS.

Is this the best workflow to convert RAW to JPEG. The more that I look at it the more certain I am that I am missing something :shrug:

Thanks in advance (y)

Sounds like how i used to do it before i got lightroom, which makes hte whole thing much simpler imo.

Is this the best workflow to convert RAW to JPEG. The more that I look at it the more certain I am that I am missing something :shrug:

You would be better off saving your files as TIFF, as you don't lose any quality, JPEG resized will be ok for showing online ie here :)

May I ask why you need to save as JPEG? and why, if you always import to elements 6, you shoot RAW+JPEG and not just RAW? If you need to tweak then save as PSD or TIFF then you can always get a JPEG when needed.

I've got PSE6 and that is exactly the method I use. I do save the RAW images of the keepers.

Paul

Back