Nuthatch, Greenfinch and a few others...

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Managed to grab a couple of hours at West Stow this morning. Light was not too bad and managed to get these.

Nuthatch.

3479960664_9695043859.jpg

Greenfinch.

3479961650_833506cf27.jpg

Long Tailed Tit.

3479155231_4fe1df77c3.jpg

And a slightly OOF Woody - my first ever reasonable :shrug: capture.

3479154343_bc496c8be0.jpg

As always C&C welcome (or ammendments to bird ID).

Thanks for looking.

PS: You can see me on Telly at 9pm on Tuesday 28th April and Tuesday 5th May as my son is featured in a Channel 4 documentary called Born to be Different
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=129274

Last edited:
Great shots, I love the Greenfinch, #3 is in fact a Long Tailed Tit ;)

Great shots, I love the Greenfinch, #3 is in fact a Long Tailed Tit ;)

That's the last time I trust my other half with a bird ID :bat:

Thanks (y)

Cracking shots. I recently tried to get a shot of a Greenfinch but the little tike wouldn't sit still long enough for me to fully focus...ah well there's always next time.

I would be chuffed to bits with the woody shot - (y)

Cracking shots. I recently tried to get a shot of a Greenfinch but the little tike wouldn't sit still long enough for me to fully focus...ah well there's always next time.

I would be chuffed to bits with the woody shot - (y)

Thanks for that.

The Woody seemed to disapear behind the feeder everytime I got close to the shutter button and I have a lot of pictures of it's feet :thumbsdown: The only issue I have with this one is that there is a branch coming from the bottom right that is OOF in the foreground but distracts from the shot a bit for me :shrug:. Unfortunatley there is only one sensible place to site when limited to a 300mm max length.

That's the last time I trust my other half with a bird ID :bat:

Thanks (y)

If you think thats bad, my wife came running into the house shouting quick baby there is a Swan flying past the garden, grabbing my camera I rushed out to see a lonely Gull trying to play catch up with the rest of em.Bless her :LOL:

Thanks Kaz10, they seemed quite helpful and compliants for once :cautious:

A lovely set.............but have to agree that the Greenfinch is the best :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the comments folks, I think that the Greenfinch has to be my best shot yet - now got it as the desktop on the computer (y)

Back