Wild Nuthatch, Treecreeper

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

been a while since I posted a photo, so a couple from yesterday. I'm out of practise - forgot just how tricky it can be catching these lovely, flighty little b*ggers out in the woods! Anyway, I'm a fan of a little environment in my photos, and I'm after composition rather than technical perfection, so I'm quite pleased with these two. C+C always welcomed and taken with a thick skin!

Nuthatched by danbroad1000, on Flickr

Trecreeper One by danbroad1000, on Flickr

Nothing wrong with showing some environment . In #1 I think a portrait style crop would work better with room for the bird to look down those old ivy stems.

#2 doesn't work for me. Its just showing the birds back with nothing much else of interest in the image. Treecreepers really blend in and I think most of the time a side on profile is needed to have any impact.

Being a beginner i can't offer much but from my birding perspective they're great.
I like plenty environment in showing where the bird is and what it's intentions are if you know what i mean.

I like the treecreeper image for showing how they blend in to the tree.

Nothing wrong with showing some environment . In #1 I think a portrait style crop would work better with room for the bird to look down those old ivy stems.

#2 doesn't work for me. Its just showing the birds back with nothing much else of interest in the image. Treecreepers really blend in and I think most of the time a side on profile is needed to have any impact.
I agree with these comments, I will add that you could also afford to crop in a little closer, still retaining the environment but showing a bit more detail on the bird. Looking at your Flickr site, you have a side on view of the Treecreeper that is a much better image than the one posted here. All this is very subjective though.

Back