Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
As per title Nuthatch.

Thank you for viewing

5366250153_a42db1eb3c_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

You're not half bad at this photography business. Another cracking shot.

You're not half bad at this photography business. Another cracking shot.

Thank you NSNO, Trying my best

one of my favourites nice capture gordon
regards ian

Cheers Ian

Superb shot, makes a change to see one in, erm.... a normal position :)

Thanks Ken

Hi Gordon,its a lovely shot with nice detail,on my screen it seems to have a slight purple colour cast to the grey feathers :shrug:,

regards,
john.

Looks fine to me John, white ballance and sharpening, thats the only pp that has been done. To me it is as shot under the conditions and fine.

Regard: Gordon

Last edited:
A lovely sharp shot Gordon, however I would agree with John about the colour of the wings. Hope you do not mind but I have done an edit reducing only the blue spectrum in the saturation adjustments. I personally think this might be nearer the mark, will remove if you wish ;)

Last edited:
The perceived colour is going to be influenced by a blue sky, reflected colour is an important part of painting.

Fair enough comment Ken, could you then explain how the colour on the rest of the bird looks as it should in the original, surely if the grey parts were being effected then the rest of the clour would be too :shrug: I am always interested to learn about things I have limited knowledge on ;)

Hi All, apparently some feathers only reflect certain colours of the visible spectrum, according to Charlie Hamilton James Kingfisher feathers are actually brown, they appear blue because they reflect only the blue of the visible spectrum. Could this have anything to do with the difference in colour of the Nuthatch plumage?

All the best John.

The light coming down on the top of the bird is different from that lower down where it is receiving more reflected light from the surroundings. It is things like that which create the ambience in a painting that determines the time of day for instance.

Afraid I agree with the opinion of the others here Rich, and that you are way off the mark.

Without knowing under what conditions a particular shot was taken you cannot make assumptions as to what colour this or that should be, unlike the person who is actually there at the time.

In this case there were many influencing factors including overhanging trees, water and of course the light and time of day.

Please remove your edit.

Regards: Gordon

Last edited:
Afraid I agree with the opinion of the others here Rich, and that you are way off the mark.

Without knowing under what conditions a particular shot was taken you cannot make assumptions as to what colour this or that should be, unlike the person who is actually there at the time.

In this case there were many influencing factors including overhanging trees, water and of course the light and time of day.

Please remove your edit.

Regards: Gordon

I respect your views Gordon and have deleted as requested ;)

A beautiful shot of a beautiful bird! :)

Back