O/T Cats

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
My neighbours cats like to sit on the bonnet of my car, especially when its warm after a drive. As a result, my bonnet is absolutely filthy.

Now, I dont want to go out there with a spray hose and scare them off, as I dont think this is a long-term solution, and I'd rather not upset my neighbours anyway.

So is there any kind of repellent I can put on my car, or near my car, that will stop the cats coming near?

Thanks in advance. :)

There are car scarers you can get to go in the garden, but some need mains power and others are by means of stuff you sprinkle around (Lion dung being a favourite) which you probably wouldn't want to have all over your car!

I'd enlist the neighbours help if I were you I think Joe - they may have no objections to you using a water spray bottle and that would be enough of a deterent if their cats are anything like ours. The other thing you could try is simply creeping up behind the car when they're sitting on it and popping a balloon or simply making a loud hissing noise. The important thing is just that the cats end up associating sitting on your car with something nasty and scary happening.

Good luck - I frequently go outside to find a trail of pawprints leading from bonnet, over the windscreen, to the roof.....!

Joe , you can get battery powered infra-red activated ultrasonic cat repellers. They are completely safe & only just make the area "uncomfortable" for the cat. Fix one so that it's pointing at your bonnet where you park & the cat will go looking for somebody else's bonnet :)

Thats wicked! But only the cat gets dirty when it sleeps on my motor!

cat.jpg

:LOL: @ BB ... HeHe ... my kinda Kar ... (y)

Trouble is ... I bet the bugger left its scratch marks all over the roof ... :D

Joe_T said:
Just found this one. It covers up to 600 sq ft! I dont need anything like that much!

I think you can adjust area with the angle of the thing Joe ... looks to be ideal ... as long as you set it up right ... ;)

:p

You could always do a similar thing to the chap that decided to fit his own anti-theft device to his car.

He wired the chasis with a HT (>100KV) output.... similar to an electric fence.

[sadly he was arrested and sued for "attempted murder" (remembers badly)... ]

is that not an urban myth as putting that much voltage through a cars chassis would probably screw all the electrics instantly...

It would flow through the chassis...

then the cat :woot:

but only if the cat was still in contact with the ground :thumbsdown:

I think Witch had the answer, spread Lion dung all over your car bonnet.

Back