Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
I think you know you’re doing alright when you live in something like this

oast_1.jpg

oast_2.jpg

I hasten to add….it’s not mine, sadly.

nice renovation job on that place! Good mono conversion, although the left tower in #1 looks on the wonk, but the right (rear) tower looks straight.. maybe just the angle the shot was taken at.

Not so keen on the rear view.. i feel like i'm being blocked out from viewing - which is probably the intention of the homeowner anyway :D

Not seen those white cone things before on a property :shrug:

Not seen those white cone things before on a property :shrug:

Always a part of an oast house :)

Love #1, shows a really impressive property and the conversion suits it well, similarly I'm not so keen on the 2nd.

The first is great. The seond is as said rather blocked off.

Pity the third tower wasn't visible in the first shot,which is the one I too prefer btw
Would also be keen to see a colour version of it

Thanks for the comments folk.
This conversion belongs to my boss.

I agree about the second shot seeming sort of "chopped off", unfortunately despite standing on many acres, there's a formal garden with hedges around three side of the property which prevents any decent full building shots from any angle but the front. (1)

I did the BW conversion because the sun was so strong and the sky so blue and featureless, but I'll post a colour version shortly.

Again, many thanks for the comments

original image for those who asked....

oast_colour.jpg

Thanks for putting up the colour version,it brings out the patina of the roof tiles

Thanks again. It really is a beautiful property....It's my boss's place.

Very nice study of the oast house dwelling. Really like the monochrome conversion, it has a timeless feel. Of the 2 images I prefer the first but I gues this is highly personal.

Back