Odd email about my domain name

Edit My Images
No
I've just received the following email from a domain registration company based in Hong Kong, the company looks to be genuine..

http://www.wtl.hk.cn

Not sure if I should reply to this or not, has anyone had any similar contact..seems odd a HK company would want those domain names ?

thanks

Simon

Dear President&CEO,

We are a professional internet consultant organization in Asia, we have a pretty important issue needing to confirm with your company. On July. 19, 2009, we received an application formally, one company named "Noou Holdings Ltd" applied for the brand keyword "landscapephotographyuk" and following domain names:
landscapephotographyuk.asia
landscapephotographyuk.biz
landscapephotographyuk.cc
landscapephotographyuk.cn
landscapephotographyuk.com.cn
landscapephotographyuk.com.hk
landscapephotographyuk.com.tw
landscapephotographyuk.hk
landscapephotographyuk.tw
with our organization.

During our preliminary investigation, we found that these domain names' keyword is identical with your trademark. I wonder whether you consigned Noou Holdings to register these domain names with us? Or is Noou Holdings your business partner or distributor in Asia?

Currently, we have already postponed this application of this company temporarily. Therefore please let the relevant person make a confirmation with me by telephone or email ASAP.

Best Regards!

Eric Chen

Indoodly, as long as you have your domain set so that it can't be taken from you (your registrar really should have done that for you) then ignore this kind of rowlocks

Indoodly, as long as you have your domain set so that it can't be taken from you (your registrar really should have done that for you) then ignore this kind of rowlocks

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

If you do a whois lookup for your domain http://whois.domaintools.com you should see the following lines on the whois record.

A couple of years back someone discovered that it was possible to usurp a domain by saying they had prior claim to it (roughly speaking). Having your domain set to Transfer prohibited stops that from happening.

I had the same about 4 years ago, after an argument I put the phone down......the so called person who was after similar domains never did "Buy" those domains, they just try and scare you into buying them all up so they can make huge sales for basically nothing!!!!

As above, just ignore it!!!

Thanks all..that's put my mind at rest..

I checked my domain on Whois & it does have the needed status ;

Simon

Back