Off-cam flash bracket

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Anyone using off-cam flash brackets?
I'm looking around for something for the D2X/SB800 combo. The main reason being, I'm doing some catwalk shows and the I hate the SB800's weight on top of the camera, it's putting far too much strain on the hotshoe where I'm shooting in portrait. I've been looking around and of course there are some weird and wonderful miracle contraptions from the US, all an overkill in engineering and price.

I'll probably end up fabricating one out of "parts" so if anyone has done so, or knows of a reasonably normal flash bracket that works well on the D2X, please let me know.

Rob.

Have a look at the Really Right Stuff web site, but be warned it can seriously lighten your wallet looking at their gear. :eek:

Really Right Stuff

CT, thanks. That's exactly the sort of over-engineered and over-priced miracle solution that I'm trying to avoid. :)

Besides, I'm not going to get one of these before next Sunday, when I could really do with one.

Looks like I'll be getting the tools out and making my own solution.

Loads on fleabay trebs.

Can you connect the cam to the flash? If you just want the flash off the top of the cam, I've found 3 brackets in my loft (none have dedicated connections of any sort).

You can have one for cost of p&p if it'll get to you before Sunday.

Can you connect the cam to the flash? If you just want the flash off the top of the cam, I've found 3 brackets in my loft (none have dedicated connections of any sort).

You can have one for cost of p&p if it'll get to you before Sunday.

That's great, thanks. However, with the knowledge of the post services between these 2 countries, I wouldn't trust them to get anything here on time.
I'll dig around the parts bin at my local place on Monday, I've already sketched out a couple of ideas, I'll tune them and in the worst case, get my local man to fabricate something. He's dead good, he'll do it all as I wait too.

Venom, you smart green thing :) If my local place has them, I'll have a play with them.

Back