Off camera flash

Edit My Images
Yes
dont think they have a manual mode so am not sure they are suitable - suggest you make sure before you purchase.

better would be 2 of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=390031640829

and use the on camera flash on low power to trigger, but only if the 300s have a manual mode.....

I purchased a couple of these a few years back, when they cost a fiver. Since then I have made a few. The only hard to get part was the plastic lens in front.

Sorry to disappoint dude, but nothing you listed is going to work :(

If you want to succesfully take your flash off camera you'll need a mixture of things.

-You can use the Jessops 300afd with an e-ttl cord. That will work.
-Buy off ebay what's called 'cactus' triggers (or alternatively the more expensive but far more reliable Elinchrom Skyport Triggers). This puts a radio transmitter into your hotshoe, and a radio receiver onto the flash. You will, however need an adaptor and a flash with manual capabilities.

Sorry to disappoint dude, but nothing you listed is going to work :(

lol, i thought not, i can't seem to get my head around lighting.

Will the flash heads not work off camera at all? If not can anyone reconmend a fairly cheap flash that will.

thanks

Nick

Thanks food poison, i'll have a look at the skyports.

Yep that is what you need.

BUT i wouldnt waste your money. A) its jessops and B) you could get V2 triggers off ebay for cheaper and you will have a larger shooting range. You wont be limited to the length of the lead!

Using something like that Jessops cable (or a £20 ebay one) is the only way you'll be able to use that flash off camera in any sort of satisfactory way, if you use it with a set of Ebay (Cactus) triggers then it will only fire at full power

Back