Oh dear, my iMac just died

I might. I'll see how much it'd cost to fix. How much would you want for it?

So to cut a long story short I'm now typing this on a shiny new i5 quad core :eek:
Should have gone for the i7 - see the other post on the other thread ;)

I might. I'll see how much it'd cost to fix. How much would you want for it?

i guess make me an offer, although not sure we can do it in this thread since technically it's a sale. It has 4gb ram 3.06ghx processor 500mb HD, 24 inch. It's 2 and a half years old.

How would you know how much to fix it given they didn't fully identify the issue, but put it down to a couple of things it could be, and I wasn't prepared to pay the £47 inspection fee to find out

i guess make me an offer, although not sure we can do it in this thread since technically it's a sale. It has 4gb ram 3.06ghx processor 500mb HD, 24 inch. It's 2 and a half years old.

How would you know how much to fix it given they didn't fully identify the issue, but put it down to a couple of things it could be, and I wasn't prepared to pay the £47 inspection fee to find out

You might want to do this in the for sale section...

TECC do free inspections quite a lot of the time and I asked what it is likely to be cost wise if it was either the display or the logic board (both potentially expensive). Just waiting for an answer. I think it is probably beyond economic repair but they may have some second hand bits around they could use.

oops, you caught me.

had a diagnostic and it is either the logic board or the display that got screwed basically minimum £500 max £1100.

So to cut a long story short I'm now typing this on a shiny new i5 quad core :eek:

Also learnt my lesson and bought apple care with this one.

and before the pc boys say it ...... I'll say it for you

Looks like you didn't learn your lesson, you bought another mac, guffaw, guffaw

:)

There's wiser eating grass!

and buy the way, thanks to everyone who contributed to try and isolate the problem

Back