OH No Another Bittern Leighton Moss A Different Pose

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Had a great time on the Leighton Moss meet yesterday,and was the first time Id been, deffo not the last, it was good to see everyone, so heres my bittern shots, #1 you can just make out the red ring on its right leg, #2 having a stretch

3802863297_f346d1f096_o.jpg

3802862953_eec6e6b3b8_o.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Karen I was outside when it turned up I was having a fag, soon shot in we were all well chuffed to have seen it

Good job I told you about it then ;)
Great shots, love the second not sure anybody else got such poses from it, although maybe Andy did when he fired the machine gun!

Pleasure to meet you, Steven.

That 2nd shot is the best of the ones i've seen. Makes a massive difference being a few metres further down the hide eh

Andy

I was VERY lucky to have spotted these within the first 10 minutes of being in my very first bird-watching hut.
I didnt realise how much of a rare-ish sighting these were at the time which was later explained to be by dseered, who advised me that he had been going for a number (wont disclose the correct figure ;)) of years and hadn't spotted one!

Good shots dave :)

Thanks Andy yeh it does make a difference and I was just lucky to have been in the right place (y)

Cheers Gaz, They are a rarity and I was well chuffed to have seen it (y)

Second shot for me Dave, as it's different from most others I've seen.

Missed this, really good shots, in those circumstances I normally mess up........'whats that doing here? quick get a shot before it goes...rattle off a few shots then watch the bird fly happy with the knowledge I got some shots...look at shots to find that my settings were wrong and in the haste I didn`t check them......and ended up with woefully underexposed pictures :D

I was VERY lucky to have spotted these within the first 10 minutes of being in my very first bird-watching hut.
I didnt realise how much of a rare-ish sighting these were at the time which was later explained to be by dseered, who advised me that he had been going for a number (wont disclose the correct figure ;)) of years and hadn't spotted one!

Good shots dave :)

Likewise :D (although it wasn't my first bird watching trip...it was my first to see bittern!)

Great shots Dave :)

Right place, right time, right camera settings, rarely seen bird = great shots!

Perfect day really...............well done:clap::clap:

Well done Dave,love them.......................(y)

Any idea how pee`d off I am that I worked instead of coming along?......................:bonk::bang::bang::bang:

Nice ones Dave. I've been to LM a few times and saw a brief glimpse of beak, never anything this good.

Andy

Cracking Bittern shot. It must have been your lucky day! (y)

Woo Hoo! Never seen one in the flesh.
Leigton Moss eh. My daughter's just moved to Whitefield Mancester (57 miles, 1 hr according to the AA route planner.) I could be persuaded..............
Lovely captures m8.

Back