Ok, Rangefinder decisions tonight

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok as my SLR threads almost concluded with me staying an Olympus fan and will be selling the Leica Flex SL in the near future, its now down to the Rangefinder selection.

I have some beautiful Rangefinder cameras available and I think this is going to be a lot harder than the SLR question.

I have of course the Leicas

A Leica 1c with Elmar 1:3.5 50mm

or Leica III with Summitar1.2 50, 1:2.8 35 50mm and 1:2 1:4.5 135

Leica M2

A Leica CL with voigtlander 4.5 15mm and a 90mm Elmar

A Voigtlander Bessa R with a Canon 50mm

Olympus 35SP (ooo another to keep up with the Olympus theme.

Zeiss Ikon Contina II Rangefinder

Kodak Retina 2 with Compur lens

I also have another 6 Voigtlanders and Russian copies of the Leica 1C and III

MMmm so much yumminess.

I have some beautiful Rangefinder cameras available and I think this is going to be a lot harder than the SLR question.

Nah, its easy, sell them all and buy an Electro...

:)

Got one of those already, nice Panasonic DMC-L1 and for compact I use a Pansonic TZ5 an excellent little camera with the most useful lens I've ever used.

This is the film forum, we don't talk Panasoniczzz....:LOL:

This is an Electro

21myg4k.jpg

Ahh sorry, Mouth all washed out now!

He'd only got one Yashica in the collection a 24 Copal SV (TLR I think)

That does look lovely, wanders off to ButKus to read the manua

See shows my ignorance on these matters, thanks ujjwaldey8165, I shall get it out and look properly, I am trying to research most of the cameras that are here, but its ever such a hard job.

I haven't even started trying to work out what all the russian (eastern bloc) cameras are yet, there are loads of them, I'll probably photograph them and post them up on here and ask for people like yourselves help if you don't mind.

But this is the Camera that I've got,

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica/yashica_24/yashica_24-splash.htm

Erm

Voigtlander Vito Automatic R
Voigtlander Bessa R
Voigtlander Vitessa
Voigtlander Vitomatic 1a
Voigtlander Vito BL
Voigtlander Vitessa T

But I found some more Voigtlanders which I've yet to catalogue.

Wow..great lineup.

BessaR, and the Vitessas are the valuable ones. hope they all work perfectly

Olympus 35 sp I have one and it seems very nice.

pepper...just so you know, in the last few months; vintage cameras have gone up in price; and there are, for some reason, less of them in the market.

If I were you, i would not sell them all in a hurry.

scpecially the Leica, Voigtlander and Zeiss are expensive; if they are in nice cosmetic condition.

Also watch out for the accessories and some odd focal length lens; sometimes they are worth more than the camera.

As an example: there were 3 more common lens for Contax II/IIa. The 50/1.5 goes for 50-70GBP; the 135 for 20-30 GBP, but the 35 mm biogon goes for 250 GBP. Seems Zeiss sold less of 35 mm biogons; yet they are reputed to be one of the best lens ever ( alongwith the 50/1.5 Sonnar).

Thanks for the advice, its really difficult knowing when its the best time to sell!

I noticed that it seems that most people are selling the bodies and lenses separately on ebay, it looks like its the only way to get a realistic price for them.

selling separately always gets you a better price; unless its a set, when it commands a premium. That said, if you have one dud, or difficult to move piece; bundling helps.

Try to follow the prices in a few vintage camera shops - mwclassic.com is a good one to track. I check it every week.

Back