Oktoberfest Prime Challenge: DEJONGJ Thread

Name
Sir will do
Edit My Images
No
Ok here we go, first challenge on TP.

1. I'll be using only my Nikon Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 MF and my Cosina AF 100mm f/3.5 MACRO
2. I'll post 4 shots per week
3. No event pass
4. One shot per week has to be from the Macro as I have never done that before.

And by all means rip it appart :) I'm doing this challenge to learn :D

First entry, rather busy weekend with both me and my wife's birthday. Hardly sat down, but this afternoon we had a relaxing time in the garden and the water slide out.

So this was my challenge for today, use my prime wide open. This shot is SOOC, in my own critique I think it is just slightly front focussed (remember this is an MF lens so it is all me :)) and I would have like that shoe on the right to be out :( Otherwise I am pretty pleased about it.

Week 1 Day 2 Photo 1

TP-OFPC-W1D2P1 Summers day in October by JP de Jong, on Flickr

Doesn't matter if the focus isn't exactly how you wanted. That facial expression says it all (y)

Thank you very much!

The really special thing about this shot is you'll look back in years to come and think was that REALLY taken in October???

What a stunner......and as n1cky said..shot in October ?

nicely done JP... don't be too harsh on yourself.. like you said, for MF it's pretty damn good (y)

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I have for a whole series from Sunday. And looking back over time they will be historic captures :)

I like both of those :) Macros can also be used for portraits too if you can't find any suitably tame bugs (y)

Thanks!

I've found something else now :) This is my main letter, filthy keyboard though.

Week 1 - Day 7 - Photo 4

Dirty Key by JP de Jong, on Flickr

JP .. something about the old telegraph poles..liken to a spiders web..?

as for the keyboard... well done for getting in so close and central (y)

Cheers! Yes I do like that telegraph pole, was just taking a walk out the hotel.

It was the lighting which was a challenge for me for the keyboard. I had my SB900 in master mode but off camera in order to try and even it out whilst avoiding reflection from the top of the keys. That was a good learning challenge for me :)

Nice set of shots - love the telegraph pole though, works really well (y)

Some great shots here...really like the hotel sign...nice n sharp (y)

Ok here is this week.

I had to eBay some old toys, so why not do it with the 105 :)
Week 2 - Day 9 - Photo 5

TP-OFPC-W2D9P1-Zsu Zsu Jilly by JP de Jong, on Flickr

Week 2 - Day 9 - Photo 6

TP-OFPC-W2D9P2-Zsu Zsu Num Nums by JP de Jong, on Flickr

All the intention to do some street shooting at lunch time, but didn't get to leave the office so had to sneak one inside the office. A portrait on the 105mm Ais MF.

Week 2 - Day 10 - Photo 7

TP-OFPC-W2D10P3-Office portrait by JP de Jong, on Flickr

One more to come this week, as per my rules it has to be Macro....Better go up the garden now and find a creature :)

all good shots...

love the keyboard shot.....

Jean Paul. That's great detail in the neck strap. I might have to morrow the idea for my 52 shot for weave this week... (y)

Yes I was thinking that :eek: That particular one is government issue, maybe I should take it up with the court of human rights.

You better all check your straps :)

Great dof on that strap Jean-Paul (y)

I must admit that Cosina 100 f/3.5 Macro is so flimsy and cheap feeling. Makes a right racket as well focussing. And it has a 1:1 adapter on the front. But it really does deliver the goods. Highly recommended to anyone for their first steps into Macro for what is basically the price of a set of AF enabled extension tubes, that is if you can find one. My challenge now for this week is to find a creature :)

cracking macro.... wonderful dof and crisp detail....

looks like the macro lens is your friend right now... they're standing out amongst your sets. Great work JP (y)

Thank you for the encouragement :)

Back