Old Buckenham - Yesterday

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
Just a few from OB airshow yesterday.......all handheld with a siggy 120-400 (bloody heavy!!)

obasmustang.jpg

sterman0.jpg

obasspitbw.jpg

C&C appreciated........... be as harsh as you like........ if it;s crap say it is.. No "nice shots"

Seriously though,

Like the prop blur on the first one... shame about the sky on the last, would look much better if it had a nice blue sky behind it.

Pretty sure No.3 flew over my house! I'm a total plane numpty though so I may be wrong, it made a really good sound if that helps lol

Was the weather dull on Saturday? These do look a little grey to me.

Good work Lynton.

Jeff - um it was

a) Sunday

Could have been the Spit but would have been with its hurricane counterpart as BBMF....

Alternatively what you may have heard was the totally gorgeous P-51 Mustang, which was flying around loads............ and there's a couple of Mustang's based over at Seething.... I think essentially the engine is similar to the Rolls Royce 28 litre Merlin 12 cylinder, but made under licence. Think it's Packard - but not into planes that much so cannot comment........

Where in Norfolk are you?

Oh, tbh I have kinda lost track of the day's as I've been on leave. It was definitely an old plane flying over but I didn't have my camera handy to get a photo.

I'm out in Pulham Market so could be the Mustang.

If it was you with Tim then I think we met on Sunday.
I like the first. Is the last one hdr?, just looks like it has a halo on my monitor.
How did you get on with the Siggy 120-400 I have been looking at these and wondered if it was any good for airshows.

I agree with a lex about the sky on all three of them really but all the same they are nice crisp shots... well done

Yeah - the dull sky is a tad beyond my control, I know photography god and all, but no control over the sky.......:LOL::LOL:

No HDR in sight. :nono:

Last one is a B&W conversion through Photoshop and Silver Efex.......:puke:

Graham - yeah it was me next to Tim and his impossibly huge lens.......... 120-400 was OK - I tried it out with a 1.7TC as well, but took it offm as couldn't zoom out enough....... I am sure the siggy is capable - its the tw4t holding it that takes bad pics...... don't mean to be rude here, but which person were you that I spoke to during the day (sorry - Tim attracted a shedload of interest with his Monster lens!)

overall hit rate was a bit meh though- I need to practice handholding and panning with best part of 3 KG of camera gear.

Last edited:
I was the one with the straw hat on with my daughter. I dont think Tim had long set up beside the runway. We spoke about the Mustang because I live at Hempnall and it flys over alot into Hardwick where there are 2 based.
Prehaps I will stick to my Nikon 70-300 for now, and a gym membership until i am strong enough :LOL:

Ah cool - always good to put a name to a face.............or a face to a name - whatever way round it should be!!! :LOL:

The Sigma 120-400 is pretty good as an airshow lens. they have just now released an updated version of it (Don't know what the differences are - I assume a more advanced OS system in the lens) or a different lens coating.......

Back