old manor house

Name
alexander
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks... just thought I would share with you my favourite shots from yesterdays shoot of a derelict manor house now I know HDR is not to everyone’s liking but I personally do like the surreal look to my images... all thoughts are welcome

thanks for looking ;)

To me they lack a little something...

How many shots did you take for each merge?
Or did you just process a single RAW?

They do look a little blurry in areas as if the tripod may have moved between shots perhaps?

The compositions are not bad, but I think your HDR technique could be improved.

Happy to practice what I preach if you want to email me your RAW files I'd love to have a go see what I can do with my copy of photomatix PRO.

Cheers

I personally am not a great lover of 'HDR' I agree with the above comments above and I am assuming that you were using a wide angle lens hence the unusual shape of the doorway on the the left in the first shot. Saying all that though I do sort of like the pictures and if I was you would go back and do them again. Not to the serious stuff..... can I have the bannister, spindles and newel posts for my house please?(y)

Personally I like the subject but I am not too keen on the HDR.
Try them in black and white

thanks for the input guys i did use my 50mm f1.8 with a cheep screw-on fisheye lens which dose seam to make the image soft round the edges wish i could go back to retry but the site is a good few miles away and i was lucky to catch the place with access

Bin the cheap fisheye thing, it's doing your photos no favours (nor is the HDR but that's personal preference) Instead look for interesting compositions using your 50mm, which is an absolutely cracking lens.

Agree with comments but looks an amazing location - where is it?

Crookham Court School

The first one has a nice composition, but I think there's something missing on the second...Also I can see some weird colours on the wood, but interesting work.

thanks guys

Bin the cheap fisheye thing, it's doing your photos no favours (nor is the HDR but that's personal preference) Instead look for interesting compositions using your 50mm, which is an absolutely cracking lens.

Crookham Court School

yeah your right think it will be binned for sure ;) and you got it crookham court :clap:

Back