Old Motorcycle ID

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I was sifting through some of my late father's photos today. Not that he was a photographer, he was a motorcycle enthusiast pre WW2.
I recall him telling me of some of the motorcycles he and his mates had back in the day. At the time (early 70s) I wasn't overly interested, a good Triumph/BSA or what have you was one of the few examples in our motorcycle showroom without a drip tray under it, not many of those. (I hankered after a Suzuki Triple cyl , but that's a different story).

A different story that I will add here: At the bike shop (IIRC Queen's Park Motors, Salford), they had a big glossy poster showing the (then) new triple cyclinder, water cooled 2 stroke Suzuki. It was nice.... the poster claimed that the Suzuki was the world's first water cooled 2 stroke triple cycl motorcycle. They had placed the poster above an old triple cylinder, 2 stroke, water cooled Scott motorcycle! I wish that I could have taken a picture of that pair... I wonder what model of Scott that was.... maybe the "1936 Scott Three" .

But, back to my story/question, The two images attached (taken by my father and now owned by me, so I figure it's allowable) show his mate on his Scott motorcycle. I haven't heard much about them, but just today, I spent a little time viewing the wonderful motorcycle collection at Winfields in Haslingden (Plug: Drop in, there's no charge and you might buy some outdoor gear whilst there). There they have a very nice Scott Squirrel. It looks very similar to the bike in the image. What a neat coincidence!
The other image shows his friends on something a bit odd looking, looks like a LEVIS motorcycle. I googled it and they exist, there's a club for them... what model might the motorcycle in the image be?

ScottSquirrel.jpgLevis.jpg

Back