Old Shot-New Treatment.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an old Reed Bunting shot, but I've been playing about with sharpening methods. I'd be interested to see if you see any sign of over-sharpening?

3659077527_8d8aec2220_o.jpg

looks good to me ct

Thanks fellers. I think it looks right on the limit but OK, but it's nice to get other opinions. (y)

Just experimenting really, but what I did was resized the image to 800 pixels and then optimally sharpened it in the usual way. Then I copied the image, pasted it as a new image and quite noticeably over-sharpened the copied image. Finally I cut and pasted the over-sharpened version over the original as a new layer and adjusted the opacity of the top layer to blend the two images together.

It produces an image very marginally sharper, but whether it's worth the effort is another matter.

I too agree that this has gone a little too far. To be honest, your shots seemed just perfect before.

Save yourself this step!

Graham

A fine Reed Bunting shot but it has got the 'varnished feathers' look to me of over-sharpening

Think I`d agree with some of the others it does look a smidgen over sharpened....lovely shot though (missed the original).

Looks to sharpened to me, but lovely image! Would like to see original without sharpening..

Tad to far for my tastes cedric ;)

More noticable on the feathers under the belly imho ;)

md(y)

Tad to far for my tastes cedric ;)

More noticable on the feathers under the belly imho ;)

md(y)

Agree with that.

What new methods you trying CT?

The upper part of the bird looks very oversharpened for my tastes.
I'm guessing that's the part of the image that had critical focus?

It does look on the edge to me but I wonder if dropping the contrast a little would take away the "hardness".

It does look on the edge to me but I wonder if dropping the contrast a little would take away the "hardness".

Good call Donna, it probably would but there's no doubt it's really over-sharpened in the first place, so not one of my better ideas. :D

Back