Old Smile Bank Account :-)

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
so lately been going through a lot of old online stuff closing down and changing them over to my new gmail mobile email (from virgin media) as next year will be going more nomad and i came across an old smile debit card. they keep sending me a new one every few years. this debit card i always thought it was empty and defunct, i remember it being linked a long time ago to an old paypal account in the days of old when (coff) you could have multiple paypal accounts and withdraw up to a certain amount before having to properly verify them. basically old hooky ebay days.

anyhoo fast forward possible nearly 20 years and i decided to try and get internet banking setup, given i had used all my pukka details to set it up including an old email address i still had access to it actually worked :)

but the golden egg was there was quite a large sum of cash still in it i must have just forgotten about just over £800 !

considering last time a replacement card dropped through the door i was going to just chop it up and bin it !

yeah @lindsay it was from nearly 20 years ago when i was selling OEM versions of Windows XP which ebay didn't like so i had to keep "moving" the rules were you could only sell OEM with a piece of hardware etc. just completely forgot about this account.

Yes, never ignore "old" financial documents.

I had some old papers and it was for a dormant "paid up" policy. In my case it took a lot of digging to find the right company that had taken over the long since old gone company.......but worth doing.

Yes, never ignore "old" financial documents.

I had some old papers and it was for a dormant "paid up" policy. In my case it took a lot of digging to find the right company that had taken over the long since old gone company.......but worth doing.

you are right i am also in the process of redeeming an old endowment policy , when i had my first mortgage it was backed an endowment after about 3 years the company said it wouldn't fit my needs so recommended switching to a std repayment which i did , i never cashed the endowment (or payed any more into it) i am waiting on statement from them :) apparently it changed hands and has become a with profits endowmment

My ex-wife got our old endowment policies...Grrr

Back