Old Souvenir viewfinder photos

Name
Alison J
Edit My Images
No
We have several very old (from the late 1960s early 1970s) photo viewers, where you look into the viewfinder and see an enlargement of the tiny picture inside. They are family pictures, and have been wonderful to look at over the years.

Now I am wondering if there was any way I could get them developed as proper photos.

Would a regular photography developing shop do them?

If there's already another thread of something similar being discussed on here can you please let me know.

It shouldn't be a problem, I have one I found years ago and if I remember correctly these viewers have a small transparency inside. It's just a process of removing the transparency from the viewer and doing a normal scan which would give you a digital file which you could then use to have prints made from.

How many have you got, waht size are the ? The likes of SnappySnaps and Jessops would probably be able to do them if you wanted somebody on the high street or any of the reputable postal service like Peak Imaging would do it I think.

Agree with the above, if you don't have a scanner capable of scanning film then you could use a scanning service which is usually quite a reasonable costing way of getting scans done. I use scanitall for this purpose:

http://www.scanitall.co.uk/ScanItAll/

Alternatively, if you could tell us the what sort of film they used then you may be able to send them to a lab for printing if they can handle the format (most will only handle 35mm or 120) although more 'pro' places like Peak Imaging may be able to do them for you on request. If its late 60's then it would be too early for 110 which came out in 1972, so I imagine they would be 126 film.

Back