Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I tried use Hi res mode on the E-M5 mkii with my smart phone and it wouldn't work.

I tried use Hi res mode on the E-M5 mkii with my smart phone and it wouldn't work.
Happy to try mine out - which bit did not work? I could not get my live comp working at first, I would get the press shutter option but then it kept reverting back. Not sure what the issue was, I think I just disconnected the wifi and tried again but I can't recall precisely

Happy to try mine out - which bit did not work? I could not get my live comp working at first, I would get the press shutter option but then it kept reverting back. Not sure what the issue was, I think I just disconnected the wifi and tried again but I can't recall precisely
Hi res mode was not an option on the app.

Hi res mode was not an option on the app.
Hi Alf

In the app go to settings (cog to right) then into remote control. Tap 'mode' and change 'live view' to 'remote shutter'.
All adjustments are then made on the camera rather than your app as its now just a switch/shutter button

Hi Alf

In the app go to settings (cog to right) then into remote control. Tap 'mode' and change 'live view' to 'remote shutter'.
All adjustments are then made on the camera rather than your app as its now just a switch/shutter button
Thanks I just looked at that.

It looks like the firmware has been out for a couple of months, Olympus have only just sent me the email saying that a new firmware is out!

It looks like the firmware has been out for a couple of months, Olympus have only just sent me the email saying that a new firmware is out!
This is new firmware, V1.2 (At least for the EM-1 II).

Last edited:
Anyone from here going to the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Experience Day in the Lake District on Friday this week (12th May) ?

I'm going but was just wondering if anyone else from here would be there ?

Does anyone bother entering the Olympus Mag competitions to win lenses and has anyone won as I never see them list previous winners?

Tried uploading an image to the monthly comp tonight - it just sat there spinning a little icon at me. Gave up after 6 attempts over 3 different browsers :(
Ooh, which image? I've never taken anything good enough for a comp :oops: :$

Beauty of Nature :)

I can't seem to upload it though - will have to try from work tomorrow
Thanks, just seen the comp actually. I don't think I have anything to enter anyway tbh, I have these that were taken with my Olly but all feature some man-made objects so don't fit the theme very well imo.

P7092340 re-edit mono 3
by TDG-77, on Flickr

P7092340 re-edit mono 2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

P6132016 re-edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

P1250064-HDR
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks, just seen the comp actually. I don't think I have anything to enter anyway tbh, I have these that were taken with my Olly but all feature some man-made objects so don't fit the theme very well imo.

P7092340 re-edit mono 3
by TDG-77, on Flickr

P7092340 re-edit mono 2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

P6132016 re-edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

P1250064-HDR
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Just pick your fave and get it entered - it doesn't cost anything and the prize is 500 euro to spend on Oly kit :)

They're lovely shots, how are you finding the EM1ii for BIF?
It really is very good but you do have to do your bit and in good light .
Rob.

Yes short eared taken over a marsh near RAF Dona Nook .
Rob.
We had several shorties around my way (Wicken Fen, Cambridgeshire) recently and I failed miserably to photograph them with a EM-5ii and 75-300. Whether that was entirely down to equipment is questionable - I've no doubt you're also a better photographer than me!

Have you used a DSLR for BIF before Robert?

I was wondering if you could say what the key differences are

Thanks

Dave.
Hi Dave
yes I use a 1dxmkII and 600f4 is L mkII so well use to DSLR weight is one thing but the reason I went for the omd mkII is the silent shutter as it does not scare the birds you do take a drop in IQ but the Olympus is a very nice set up .
Not as precise as the 1dx so you do need to be on the ball as to what focus point or points to use and I think ISO 800 is really the max that would = 3200 on the 1dx so good light is a must.
Rob.

Thanks Rob - interesting to hear. The DSLR and lens you have are top of the pile as far as wildlife goes - so it is good to see that you still rate the Oly even with the limits (ISO / good light) you place on it :)

Back