Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Can see a trip to Luton Cameras to have it done after reading about cleaning it and possibility of mucking up the 5 way IS
I've not read about that tbh, but I've not had to clean my EM1 yet. On my Nikon I use rocket blower and sensorklear pen, but have just bought a butterfly brush although not used it yet.

I'll have to read up on cleaning Ollies with the IBIS.

That's a nice photo, I can't see a dust spot but then I don't go looking for faults just enjoy the image.
Cheers mate, he's looking right at it just above the horizon, there's a couple that looked like dust but are out of focus clouds, but the circle ones definitely a spot, now i know its there it's annoying me.

Just got the EM5mk2 today and quite impressed.

I'll have to stop pixel peeping though, it's no FX body.

First time photo today:

Autumn by Terence Rees, on Flickr
Yeah it takes some adjusting coming from FF but you get used to it (y)

First proper try out with the little Oly today at my youngest grandson's first birthday party (Messy Play)

The flash that's in the box is superb and I'm blown away by the results from the micro 4/3 sensor!!

Here's Charlie with coloured spaghetti on his head (don't ask)

Messy Play Party by Terence Rees, on Flickr
I miss the little flash from the EM5-II, shame it doesn't fit the EM1 (or that the one with the EM1 doesn't tilt :()

First proper try out with the little Oly today at my youngest grandson's first birthday party (Messy Play)

The flash that's in the box is superb and I'm blown away by the results from the micro 4/3 sensor!!

Here's Charlie with coloured spaghetti on his head (don't ask)

Messy Play Party by Terence Rees, on Flickr
I think this is a fantastic photograph. One to treasure.

But that's a digital converter Mike.

It should look awful.

May have to try that

I bet its like all converters it depends on many things,lens,light,subject,distance and many more.

I didn't think it was compatible?

The detachable Olympus flash units are powered in two different ways, either via the accessory port (earlier models), or via an extra pin on the hotshoe, these later bodies have 4 pins instead of 3. An earlier flash which needs the AP won't fit a non AP equipped body, a later flash will fit an early body but has no means to be powered up.

The detachable Olympus flash units are powered in two different ways, either via the accessory port (earlier models), or via an extra pin on the hotshoe, these later bodies have 4 pins instead of 3. An earlier flash which needs the AP won't fit a non AP equipped body, a later flash will fit an early body but has no means to be powered up.
The EM1 is via the accessory port so the EM5-II flash won't be compatible then as I suspected :(

Great spot cheers, it was sat in my basket while my missus actually encouraged me to press the buy button! I would've been one unhappy bunny if the non-pancake had showed up.

Likewise! Olympus do not make it too easy either to distinguish between the two lenses.

I'll keep looking and waiting to pull the trigger, the winter cashback deals should be just around the corner - along with Black Friday!
To be honest I've only ever seen the II R 14-42mm lens in bundle deals at Jessops with the E-M10. It might be bundled in other places but I've not seen it done, I've not seen it for sale anywhere recently - it used to come with the PEN bodies before the EZ was released.
I think it's one of those "exclusives" that Dixon's etc used to get that allows them to appear cheaper than anywhere else and is a bit of a trap for the unwary.
WEX have an open box E-M10 Mkii with the EZ and 40-150 lenses at £589 - or if you have an extra £110 the MKiii. I bought my E-M10 OB from them and would again.

I have the EZ pancake with my E-M10 Mki and the II R that came with my E-PL5. The R II handles better to me because it's a manual zoom and the unlock switch is quicker to use than waiting for the EZ to power up but it's nowhere near as compact.
I don't think there's much in it for image quality but I intentionally don't poke around at 100% so may be there is.

Hi Donnie - did you use the live comp mode for this?

Thanks

Al

I did, ive never done fireworks with the oly before and not madly happy with it to be honest, when i had a canon 40d i found it easier, dont know why though.

60 seconds is very long, anytime I shot fireworks I used faster shutter speeds [1/60 - 1/125] wider aperture and bumped the ISO to about 1600, just anticipate them, click just as they pop.

Pro capture will let you click Before they Pop :)
Rob.

60 seconds is very long, anytime I shot fireworks I used faster shutter speeds [1/60 - 1/125] wider aperture and bumped the ISO to about 1600, just anticipate them, click just as they pop.

not long at all if you are using live composite

Back