Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Nothing wrong with that, lovely photo, cracking quality. If you want to view images at 300% then you shoot high end full frame.

Has anyone else noticed that Olympus OI Share has started pushing adverts? I find this kind of thing really irritating, notifications for OI Share now turned off :mad:

Has anyone else noticed that Olympus OI Share has started pushing adverts? I find this kind of thing really irritating, notifications for OI Share now turned off :mad:
I got a push notification from them just the other day....something to do with a competition if my mind serves me correctly.

Thinking of making an offer on the em10 MKII in the classifieds. What would I miss over the em5 MKII. I just know if I bought it I would regret not getting the em5

Thinking of making an offer on the em10 MKII in the classifieds. What would I miss over the em5 MKII. I just know if I bought it I would regret not getting the em5
Main differences are the weather sealing and larger viewfinder in the EM5-II. The EM5-II also has a high res mode, not sure if the EM10-II does.

Main differences are the weather sealing and larger viewfinder in the EM5-II. The EM5-II also has a high res mode, not sure if the EM10-II does.
The EM10 MKII looks interesting, but I think I'll hold out for an EM5 MKII, they just seem to rarely come up on here.

The EM10 MKII looks interesting, but I think I'll hold out for an EM5 MKII, they just seem to rarely come up on here.

There's one on MPB for £504 in "good" condition. I was eyeing it myself, but I think I'll go for the em10 mkii as I feel lenses are just as, if not more important and I can get a nice prime for the difference.

There's one on MPB for £504 in "good" condition. I was eyeing it myself, but I think I'll go for the em10 mkii as I feel lenses are just as, if not more important and I can get a nice prime for the difference.
I've seen that one Keith, but was hoping for a slightly cheaper one here. You thinking of going for the em10 mk2 thats in the classifieds?

I've seen that one Keith, but was hoping for a slightly cheaper one here. You thinking of going for the em10 mk2 thats in the classifieds?

I would have if someone had bought my xpro1 here, but instead I'm trading that against one on MPB, just sold an expensive roller bag and a few other bits locally to plump up my budget a little too so hoping to get the body a prime and maybe a cheap zoom. I doubt you'll see an em5 mkii here for less than 500 anytime soon

Last edited:
No, they're pretty rare. I sold mine along with the 12-40mm on here as I tried out different systems but I'm back with Olly again and whilst overall I prefer the EM1 I have now there are some things about the EM5-II I miss.

And the em10mk2's are even cheaper. Take a look. I just got my em5mk2 kit from there. No problems at all. Ordered Saturday was delivered Thursday. Saved £230

No, they're pretty rare. I sold mine along with the 12-40mm on here as I tried out different systems but I'm back with Olly again and whilst overall I prefer the EM1 I have now there are some things about the EM5-II I miss.
I want the 12-40 too , but budget is tight which is why I'm not going for the one at MPB. Hoping for one around the £450 mark. EM1 is an option too i suppose but I've never had one, not sure it would be my 'cup of tea'. It looks a little too DSLR for me. Still I've heard good things about it.

The Em5 ii has the articulated screen also, if you're into videoing yourself :D

Well, couldn't resist in the end and bought it from MPB. Now I just need to find a reasonably priced 12-40mm :D

Well, couldn't resist in the end and bought it from MPB. Now I just need to find a reasonably priced 12-40mm :D

It's still showing one available in 'Good' condition, what was the one you took? I see the one they have left is all black. Well, saves me pondering on that silver one then :D back to looking at the em10 ii's

Last edited:
It's still showing one available in 'Good' condition, what was the one you took? I see the one they have left is all black. Well, saves me pondering on that silver one then :D back to looking at the em10 ii's
i took the silver one :D

I've just bought said EM10 II in the classifieds after pondering between the Olympus and the Panasonic GX8! It'll be replacing my Canon 550D and kit.

Glad you got something in the end ;)
Cheers, hope you enjoy your EM10 MKII

i took the silver one :D

Let us know what the condition is like once you get it, I'm interested in what they consider 'good' as opposed to 'excellent'. I know they give a brief description, but that one just going on the pics looked fine to me.

Let us know what the condition is like once you get it, I'm interested in what they consider 'good' as opposed to 'excellent'. I know they give a brief description, but that one just going on the pics looked fine to me.
Will do. Choose the no rush option for posting as I don't have a lens yet. Should be here middle of the week.

Will do. Choose the no rush option for posting as I don't have a lens yet. Should be here middle of the week.

I'm just awaiting a buyer to get their act together so i can push forward with my M43 purchase. I am torn I have to say, love the looks of the Oly cameras, but I also love the look of the G80. Even when it comes to the Olys it's tough, do I want the better body em5II with only one lens? or get an om10II and a zoom to boot? Decisions ...

Back