Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

In terms of intended use. I mainly shoot landscapes but also I shoot the everyday. I shoot the occasional wedding also. I used to have a pair of Pentax K1 bodies but sold one when we were short. I need a second body for when I shoot another wedding.
Image quality is important as I sell images on my website, being rugged and weather sealed also is important. I used to have a Fuji XT20 that was great as I could carry it around easily as it was light and discreet but I didn't use it all the time as it lacked weather sealing.

I know nothing of what is a good or bad lens for the Olympus system, hence me saying a load. I'd like to shoot video with it as a blogging camera maybe for when my DJI pocket 2 isn't charged etc.
My go to lens for Landscapes is the 8-25mm f4 as I can use 85mm filters. For most pro lenses learn about the manual focus clutch.

Watch something by Jimmy to learn about good lenses for weddings and stuff.

View: https://youtu.be/7rIWIdU58jU?si=bnzrIEMfBuN440Qf

Wow, there is a pretty killer deal from OM system right now - olympus ep7 with pancake kit zoom (electronic zoom, but a seriously underrated lens that focuses close, is tiny and plenty sharp wide open) for £550.

I'm tempted to trade in my 40-150mm F4 pro for it, I don't use my em1 mark iii as often as I gravitate toward the epl-7... Anyway thought some here may be interested. It doesn't have as many of the mad computational things, but it's pretty, has the 20mp sensor from the older cameras (which is great), 5 axis IS and focus stacking. Just no clever em1 mark iii nd mode or composite mode.

I think I may have an issue with my OM-1 (MK I) and wonder if a few of you could check something for me please on your bodies.

For a little while now when in video mode I been noticing a soft but high frequency chattering loud enough to be heard coming from ( I think), the body, and enough to be picked up by the inbuilt microphones. I think it’s the IBIS mechanism but have tried in a number of modes (IS Auto, Mode 1, Mode 2 etc) to no avail. I’ve even turned the IBIS off in the camera menu, but the “chattering” is still there. Now the weird thing is, the noise it isn’t there with all my lenses only some.

Those Affected

Olympus 12-40 f2.8 pro
Olympus 12-100 F4 pro
Olympus 25mm f1.2 pro
Olympus 45mm f1.2 pro

Those not affected (totally silent)

Olympus 40-150 F2.8 pro
Olympus 300mm F4 pro
Olympus 25mm f1.8
Olympus 45mm f1.8
Olympus 17mm f1.8
Panasonic Leica 8-18mm f2.8-4

Anyone any ideas please ?

I think I may have an issue with my OM-1 (MK I) and wonder if a few of you could check something for me please on your bodies.

For a little while now when in video mode I been noticing a soft but high frequency chattering loud enough to be heard coming from ( I think), the body, and enough to be picked up by the inbuilt microphones. I think it’s the IBIS mechanism but have tried in a number of modes (IS Auto, Mode 1, Mode 2 etc) to no avail. I’ve even turned the IBIS off in the camera menu, but the “chattering” is still there. Now the weird thing is, the noise it isn’t there with all my lenses only some.

Those Affected

Olympus 12-40 f2.8 pro
Olympus 12-100 F4 pro
Olympus 25mm f1.2 pro
Olympus 45mm f1.2 pro

Those not affected (totally silent)

Olympus 40-150 F2.8 pro
Olympus 300mm F4 pro
Olympus 25mm f1.8
Olympus 45mm f1.8
Olympus 17mm f1.8
Panasonic Leica 8-18mm f2.8-4

Anyone any ideas please ?

I don't have an om-1 so well out if turn, but can you confirm whether it's autofocus? Say, set to manual focus, and confirm?

I don't have an om-1 so well out if turn, but can you confirm whether it's autofocus? Say, set to manual focus, and confirm?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve done that too. Pulled back on the manual focus clutch to put each lens into manual mode - no difference ?

Back