Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

It's a super price John.
Check the T&C's though.......no shipping insurance. although you can pay extra for it

...and after all I've said - so tempted with the 40-150 with tc at £1049 - granted an import but in the UK (link)
Ah I see they have a new logo. Did they confirm with you the stock is already in the UK?
That's what I did when I was going to buy from them.
A good price.......could you not offer that for the one in the classifieds. I bet he would accept that price.

Last edited:
He might, but I'd sooner buy new - even on import - I know his is new, but still its second hand as far as warranty is concerned.

Edit: plus my wife let me put forward £950, no more for used.

Last edited:
I wonder what Flubit will offer....

I'll let you know :)

Still more than I can really afford but its as I'm a curious so and so.

Nice shot Damian. Love the colours. Fancy the 60mm macro myself after trying one in jessops.....................I must stop going in there as it always ends up costing me £££££:LOL:

Really need a quicker zoom lens. Took my 75-300ii to the rugby at the weekend and had to shoot at iso4000 :(

The 40-150 would be preferred...but I'd have to sell the other 40-150 and the 75-300 at the least

Just concerned about the size

The 40-150 would be preferred...but I'd have to sell the other 40-150 and the 75-300 at the least

It is quite heavy compared to other m4/3 lenses but feels like quality.

I suggest you and have a play with one at Jessops or A-another.
It's the hood that makes them look on the chunky side.

That's my main issue. There is no chance of me getting that combo in a coat pocket!

I wonder what Flubit will offer....

I'll let you know :)

Still more than I can really afford but its as I'm a curious so and so.
Well they couldn't do much better - £1167.78

Jeez i'm so confused. I really want this 40-150 f2.8 but it goes against why I switched to M43 -size.
I would also have to sell my 12-50,25,45,40-150r and 75-300ii.
This would leave me with just the 12-40 and the 40-150 but I think that would be fine.
I guess its not that big really with the hood pulled back. It would still fit in a small shoulder bag....................oh the agony and torment!!!

I know I would be loosing the shallow dof of my primes -but I would get that with the 40-150- f2.8 if I adjust my positioning.

This year besides general family stuff I will be shooting a lot at the zoo so this is why I am thinking the 40-150 f2.8 and 1.4 convertor will give me a big advantage over the 40-150 and 75-300.
Do you think it will give me a big enough upgrade to justify the switch?

Last edited:
Difficult decision, go and have a play with the 40-150 f/2.8 and see if you think it's too large would be my advice.
I don't have a problem with it, to be honest for the coverage with MC-14 I think it's pretty compact.
Couldn't you hold onto the 25 & 45 and sell the rest? That's what I'd probably do (although I still have my 75-300 Mk2) :)

I would have to sell all I have listed.
This is why I was asking if the 40-150 f2.8 is sooooooooo good it's worth the sacrafice and if anyone has done similar and just runs with the 2 lenses.
To be honest I haven't touched the 45mm F1.8 as I mostly just use the 25mm F1. 8 but since getting the 12-40 f2.8 I seem to have been using that more.
I was happy with the results from the 75-300 at the zoo but I think the 45-150 f2.8 may take it up a notch and be better for portraits than the primes.

I can guarantee that you will find the 40-150 f/2.8 superb, excellent, stunning :)
Yes it can certainly double up as a very capable portrait lens.
As Ned says the 45 is a little gem too.

I would have to sell all I have listed.
This is why I was asking if the 40-150 f2.8 is sooooooooo good it's worth the sacrafice and if anyone has done similar and just runs with the 2 lenses.
To be honest I haven't touched the 45mm F1.8 as I mostly just use the 25mm F1. 8 but since getting the 12-40 f2.8 I seem to have been using that more.
I was happy with the results from the 75-300 at the zoo but I think the 45-150 f2.8 may take it up a notch and be better for portraits than the primes.
I moved on a lot of my primes to get the 2 pro lens setup and to upgrade my e-m5 to the e-m1 I would rather fewer lenses that can cover the range and are optically similar to the primes. I have yet to try the 12-40 but the write ups are favourable. I still have 3 other lenses to complement the 2pro lenses. The Samyang 7.5mm fisheye, the Lecia 45 Marco lens and the m.zuiko 75-300 mk2 so I think that is me covered for the moment. I will add the MC-14 and possibly get rid of the 75-300 soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 75-300ii is pretty good to c250mm and then gets too soft for me. My whole argument for these lenses is what's the point of making something that goes to 300mm when is just ok from 250 ? I know it's a compromise but it's also slower than the P100-300...

The 75-300ii is pretty good to c250mm and then gets too soft for me. My whole argument for these lenses is what's the point of making something that goes to 300mm when is just ok from 250 ? I know it's a compromise but it's also slower than the P100-300...

Maybe sample variation?
Mine holds up pretty well at 300 mm (almost wide open)

The big thing is when your at 300mm,sensor size your at 600mm,and on an lens this lightweight their simply no bulk to handhold it,so is the softness a lot do with shake.
Or do you use an tripod ? :)

I don't use a tripod Simon, no. Perhaps I should but lugging one around on family days out is a pain. Maybe I shouldn't complain on that basis ;)

You shouldn't need a tripod with the 75-300, unless your shutter speed is especially slow.
Even at relatively slow exposures I find the 5 axis ibis works a treat.

I only use a tripod when shooting with my Tokina 300 f/2.8, its not the lightest lens out there :)

Anyone had any experience of Olympus repairs and service?

I finally sent my E-M5 off last Thursday and I've not heard anything since. They told me they'd be in touch with a repair price within a couple of days.

Well this is annoying, my EM1 has developed a fault.

After changing the lens this morning the image through the viewfinder is rotated by about 15 degrees anticlockwise so verticals aren't vertical and horizontals are slopes.

It doesn't happen with live view and if I put it on a tripod and take an image with live view and an image through the viewfinder the results are the same.

I left the battery out all day and have done a reset on the settings but is still does it.

Really odd :thinking:

I've emailed Panamoz but they're on Easter break until next week, no doubt it will get fixed but mildly annoying - it was going to keep me entertained during a trip to the mother in law's this weekend :mad:

I would have thought so - its the screen on the back

Back