Olympus OM1 Fisheye lens

Name
Kardo Ayoub
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if there are any fisheye lenses for an OM1 and where I could get hold of one, even third party lenses will do.

Many Thanks,
Kardo

Sigma do a 15mm in OM, I think Olympus have they're own 16 and maybe an 8 or 10, can't remember..

That's correct, Olympus did make a 16mm f/3.5 fisheye which was full-frame. I did see a mint condition example go for about £600 a few months ago, so they certainly are expensive. They also made an 8mm f/2.8, but this produced a circular image and are much more difficult to get hold of.

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/images/Quinn8mmD.JPG

:cool: 8mm, looks as mental as the Nikon version, the 4/3 digital job is poop to look at..

Thanks guys, I had no idea it was so expensive, I mean all the other OM lenses are relatively cheap.

How much do the Sigmas go for?

The current Sigma 15mm f/2.8 fisheye I think has a RRP of about £700 but I would think you could get this a lot cheaper shopping around.

My only concern would be the fact that current independent lenses are normally designed for digital SLR's, so you may have some compatability issues with your OM-1. The lens should mount on the camera OK, but you'd have to check before buying to see whether, for example, it had an aperture ring as you'll be using this on a fully manual camera.

I think the current line up is a no go, they are designed for a 4/3 sensor which is even smaller than the average crop.
Best bet is probably slightly obscure third party, like Peleng, or Zenitar.
Or a fisheye that isn't necessarily Oly mount, but could be used with an adapter ring...I dunno

There is a Pelang.

I think there is also a Samyang? (same people who make the cheap 85mm that seems so popular)

I've used the 17mm Tamron f3.5 with the adaptall mount for OM, you looking for wide or the round "fisheye" look?

Back