Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening good peeps

Just got myself an olympus pen F half frame

penf_up.jpg

2 questions

Any idea what battery is needed for the light meter?

Where would I get the film developed

All help appreciated(y)

Cheers

Last edited:
Getting the film developed shouldn't be too much of a problem, its starts getting difficult when you want prints from them!

The battery used is the now illegal mercury type so you will have to get a converter type which are quite freely available and use hearing aid batteries instead.

Here's an example I've used and they are very good

http://www.paulbg.com/Nikon_F_meter_batteries.htm

Last edited:
Ta Richard

Thanks for the battery info
Will get meself one or two on order

Any idea's an where to get the films sorted

Want to run one through tomorrow but no idea where to send it

Thanks again(y)

Tesco of course... should get it done while you do some shopping.

Only the printing side, just developing is no problem... don't let them cut it up!

Yup I've had my half frame film developed at Tesco, trouble was I'd forgotten as there were 2 films in amongst about 30 I took for developing at the same time! The lovely girl on the desk was ever so worried because she couldn't understand why they were so small and it took her ages to get my prints out! Which to be fair she made a good attempt at!

Do as Arthur says, get them to just develop the film and don't let them cut it then you'll have to get it scanned somehow.

I wonders why I don't use my half frames much?

The other way is of course B&W then you can develop yourself, a whole new line of purchases to be considered then! ;)

Last edited:
Evening good peeps

Just got myself an olympus pen F half frame

penf_up.jpg

2 questions

Any idea what battery is needed for the light meter?

Where would I get the film developed

All help appreciated(y)

Cheers

This camera, as you must know by now with all the responses, uses standard 35mm film and any photo shop can process the stuff. I use the local shop to develop my full frame film and then I scan it with an Epson 3170 photo scanner to print on several different printers here. It's been many years since the Olympus Pen series came out of the woodwork. I still have a Honeywell 1/2 frame point & shoot camera that has a clock wind film advance and it still works. I know your in for some amazing results with that little camera.

****The battery used is the now illegal mercury type***

At the bootie today a guy had sealed packets of the mercury 1.35 batteries, he said the 5 packets were old but ok, the price was £2.50 each. erm he can keep them.

Oops. The best advice is on the Buktus site - film cameras are worth nothing. (Unless they're not of course).

True - I bugged out on one on Ebay a couple weeks ago at £70

It raises an interesting question of why some cameras - and we're not just talking Leicas - are more popular and consequently worth more than others? 60s and 70s rangefinders than you'd have been hard pressed to give away a few years ago are now fetching upwards, often well upwards, of fifty nicker. The vagueries of fashion.

Whoops, hope I have not broken any rules then
interesting prices

have not used this since I was a child

will have to give it a clean up, have got the standard prime and a 300mm as well so will have a play over the next couple of weeks

thanks for all the help so far(y)

Back