OM1 mark 2 focus point / exposure question

Messages
25
Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I have a question regarding OM1 mark 2’s operation and just wondered if anyone who has or has access to one could confirm or try this please?

Anyhow, it says in the manual I can link exposure to the focus point when using spot metering.
Here Metering the Focus Target

Question, though: does it change the exposure if you move the focus point around when NOT using spot metering? i.e. evaluative (digital ESP) metering? (which I would probably (like to) have it on most of the time)

I currently use a Canon 5d mark 4 and this workflow is something I find very useful for exposure blending:
Focus the lens
Move the focus point to the foreground (without re-focusing the lens) - it exposes for the foreground, take one exposure
Move the focus point to the sky (without re-focussing) - it exposes for the sky, take second exposure.
I find that method far less guess work than choosing numbers of stops.

If the OM1 doesn’t do this, can anyone who has one tell me how I could replicate it?

I haven’t got one yet , so can’t try it myself - I’m (very strongly) considering switching from Canon and just dealing with things I might miss.

Thanks
 
Back
Top