On a dull sunday afternoon

Name
Robert Hunter
Edit My Images
Yes
Was playing with my light setups practicing on sunday, and decided to do a few without any studio lights and use the dull light from the window. then tweaked a tad.

what you think to this shot?

IMG_1452%20800.jpg

tally

You are certainly going in the right direction.
This 'setup' has great potential.
If the left shoulder was back a bit and the right forward then there might be a some detail in the shadows. A reflector would be a great help as well.
Nicely executed.

Nice shot.
I dont think you should use a reflector.. You are going for a naural light look? Natural light falls on one side of a subject.
This is great, nice shadows that still hold detail and yet the lit side hasnt blown.
Keep it up :)

Nice shot.
I dont think you should use a reflector.. You are going for a naural light look? Natural light falls on one side of a subject.

So light doesn't bounce of other surfaces naturally then?

Re the shot, although the look of the image works, I don't like the pose - it's a very masculine stance but even on a man it doesn't look natural. Also, on my monitor it looks like you've blown the highlights on her hands.

Light does bounce off surfaces naturally, but i wouldnt say using a reflector was natural.

I had done other shots using a reflector, but for this one just wanted to go with natural light only.

thanks for the comments though.

Light does bounce off surfaces naturally, but i wouldnt say using a reflector was natural.

Depends what you use as a reflector. Position someone opposite a white south facing wall or on light coloured sand or over water and you have three examples of natural refectors at work. Light's there to be used, and sometimes you need to artificially help it to give a natural look.

Back