On the bird table

Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas =)

These were taken with a zoom lens I got for christmas, had lots of fun trying to get all the species (I didn't but oh well).
Any comments/improvements are welcome as always =)

Robin
2612.jpg

Female Chaffinch
2612-1.jpg

Greenfinches squabbling
2612-2.jpg

Blue tit and Female Chaffinch
2612-3.jpg

thanks for looking!

Good shots - nothing at all technically wrong with those. What you need to do is try and eliminate the feeder from your shots for a more natural setting Try to rig up some sort of natural looking perch close to the feeder where the birds will alight prior to jumping on the feeder or while waiting their turn.

A bit of careful thought in the setting up makes a huge difference and gets the birds landing in the right place. :)

Pretty much as ct said .

just getting everthing in the right position so practice shooting the feeders with out birds so you will now if the shots going to look ok. are you using a hide or camo etc to take these?

what sort of distance are you shooting from ie meaning is there going to be any cropping of the final images?

please do tell and thanks for posting such a variety of birds

cheers jason

Thanks guys =) I set up the feeders just to get some targets, I've only been taking pics for 2 months so i needed something to learn on. i'LL definatly try for some more natural looking shots if i can get any, birds probably weren't the best thing to pick to try and teach myself photography on!

I'm taking the pics out of my bedroom window (which is upstairs) so am using the house as a hide, the distance is about 6-7 metres (18-21 feet) diagonally up. I've already cropped the pics a little, I'll put one of the uncropped pics up tomorrow to give you an idea of what the raw picture looks like. the tight crops (esp. the robin) are due to the window frames getting in the way of the picture >.<

Back