On the Loop 23/11/10

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few from me. The light was good at times however the aircraft through Bwlch then turning for Bala was frustrating at times.

Just a few flying days left now before the Harrier bows out:crying:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
Great set Rory. It's been pretty busy of late. I take it you were on Cad then? It can be the most frustating thing watching them all come through Bwlch and then head straight on or right up towards Bala!! :bonk:
Looks like you still got lucky.(y)

Fantastic I am going to have to pay the loop a visit.

great pics!,
just a question...

i spend a fair bit of time in north wales during the year, can you advise me where the best place is to go to get shots like these? and also how often do they come or is it just luck? i have seen/heard/felt many going over head whilst out and about but unsure of where best to capture them,, cheers.. also do you wear ear plugs!?

great pics!,
just a question...

i spend a fair bit of time in north wales during the year, can you advise me where the best place is to go to get shots like these? and also how often do they come or is it just luck? i have seen/heard/felt many going over head whilst out and about but unsure of where best to capture them,, cheers.. also do you wear ear plugs!?

Pot luck...yes

ear plugs ...no

location :- In the hills above Dolgellau. Google the Mach loop and there will be loads of advice on the best locations etc

One grid ref as an example

52.708736,-3.842313

or

Grid Ref: SH 75562 13917 Lat: 52.708567 Lon: -3.843321

Last edited:
fantastic shots.i was on the middle shelf today and it was bloody cold.had the best tornado pass i`ve seen with the wings swept back.then had an hour of snow.then 4 hawks and a herc

no harriers mate.i`m back up tuesday and wednesday next week so hopefully i`ll get them.

As I said on Facebook Rory, lovely light for the Domini.

Maybe just a slight tweak on the contrast for the Harriers - give them a bit more punch?

I'm up on Monday to try and catch some Harriers before their retired. Looks like weather should be okay, if not a little cold!

DB

Keep coming back and looking at these.
The sharpness and detail is incredible
Well done!

Back