On1 Photo Raw Offer

Name
Mikey
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if anyone uses this here but On1 Photo Raw can be had for a discount until 31st March. £57 down from £90 for a perpetual licence and includes the next release 2021.5. You can also get various 20% off discount codes that work on this price e.g. "SHOTKIT" worked for me and took the price down to £46.

https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/buy/

I had a play with the free trial and for the price of a few months worth of LightRoom (which I have no experience of anyway) it seemed OK and I have a lot more to learn anyway.

It looks okay. And those that know about it recommend it. If I ever get to the stage where it's worth my while to invest in some photo editing software it will be the one I look at. Probably in about five years. :p

I’ve tried various versions of On1 and this latest version looked promising. Speed issues seemed to be resolved and edits are actually quite nice.

however, despite their big song and dance about not having a catalog database, they do, and it’s well hidden in system files which means the only way to back this up is with a full system backup and restoration requires you knowing which hidden files need restoring.

I had brought in all my images and spent a rainy weekend re-editing many, many images then suddenly while saving an image it crashed. I restarted the app and all edits were gone. Every single image was back to its raw state. Even though all of my edits were saves as separate sidecar files On1 was reading from a now corrupt database and ignoring the sidecar files.

after much back and forth with On1 support the admitted to having a database which was not possible to backup as individual files and therefore could not be restored without knowing what to restore. They could not explain why sidecar files were ignored.

needless to say a refund was obtained and that’s the last of my numerous attempts at using On1

Back