One cold and frosty morn

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a view taken from my landing window on Christmas Day morning.

2139640776_b8133a49a8_o.jpg

I kinda agree with DD, but tbh, if the sky is a shade of grey/blue then the white frost will also appear this colour to an extent. It is a little flat however and for me needs a little more direction in the shot. By that I mean it needs to flow a bit more, because at the moment, the foreground doesn't lead the eye into the shot well enough for me.

That said though, it does look like a good location, and you are deffo on the right lines. Keep trying this place as both you and the scene have alot of potential I think :) (Hope that didn't sound patronising! wasn't intended to! :))

Cheers both. Yeah Dave, I agree with frost normally being white, but I think this colour's created by the light that morning. It was damned early, and the sun wasn't up yet. Dunno why the image seems flat though, any ideas to rectify?

Not patronising at all Woodsy. If I thought I didn't have anything left to learn, I'd pack up and get a new hobby, mate! I think the problem with the shot itself is the foreground, but literally taken from the window of the house, so there's just nowt there. LOL! To the left is a farm building in the distance and I didn't want to include it as it's just not in keeping with the rest of the shot.

Thanks both, useful as always.

Hi Stu

Had a play to boost it a bit, this had reduced the quality somewhat as there's little data here compared with your original image. By 'white' I really meant 'lighter' as of course a blue morn would make the frost blue too, so soz for that comment

Cheers

DD

Stu.jpg

Hi Dave, no worries. My skin's thicker than a thick thing....well, not really. Anyway, I see what you mean about the saturation levels. I'll have a play with the original RAW file to try & lift it as you have. Although there's not that much to look at in the foreground, I still like the shot for its 'calmness' if you like.

Originally from Donny here - where in S. Yorks are you?

It's a very nice shot basically.... just a touch of that golden sun wouldve made it a cracker.

Although there's not that much to look at in the foreground, I still like the shot for its 'calmness' if you like.

Originally from Donny here - where in S. Yorks are you?

A Yorkie eh? Tough as they come then m8 (y)

I like the calmness too, it was a shot worth taking, just a wee bit flat in the posted one - if you took it as a raw file I'm sure you can boost it without spoiling the calming effect

I'm from a million miles away from Donny - Royston near Barnsley, though now I've virtually emigrated to Shafton - 3 miles away :D

What you doing in France then?

I like both DD's version on this ... and the original. (y)
For me DD's version appears to emphasise more detail in the foreground, is crisper... and bluer!
The original version has a different feel, it has a softer, fluffier feel to the foreground, and is mistier looking.
Interesting to see two very different takes on one pic!

A Yorkie eh? Tough as they come then m8 (y)

I like the calmness too, it was a shot worth taking, just a wee bit flat in the posted one - if you took it as a raw file I'm sure you can boost it without spoiling the calming effect

I'm from a million miles away from Donny - Royston near Barnsley, though now I've virtually emigrated to Shafton - 3 miles away :D

What you doing in France then?

Too many reasons why we came to France DD. When I get a few weeks spare, I'll list 'em! :LOL: Seriously, a better way of life for the whole family was top. I miss my mates & family though, but prefer the life I have now rather than the life I had then.

Thanks all for the comments. Haven't had time to play with that one again yet, but when I do it'll only be better for all the comments received here. Just got back from shooting a few up at the church and surroundings, including a few HDR's to mess with. If they're not up to scratch, I'll post them for critiques.

Back