One little dicky bird sitting on a

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Fence :shrug::thinking:
It seems there is some attraction at the moment in and around the fence panels and Jasmin bush growing over it. It is one of the first places in the garden to get the early morning sun, so I suppose the little creepy crawlies come to life the quickest. The only problem was the back end of the bird was cast in a strong light, and the head was partly in shadow.

Gold.jpg

Dont see many of these out in the open like this! Nice job given the conditions(y)

Rich you are going to find it hard to get a better shot than those posted the other day.

Been meaning to ask how long did your pet Robin spend in make up to achieve that transformation into a Goldcrest :D

Dont see many of these out in the open like this! Nice job given the conditions(y)
Thanks
Rich you are going to find it hard to get a better shot than those posted the other day.
Been meaning to ask how long did your pet Robin spend in make up to achieve that transformation into a Goldcrest :D
I will be the judge of that :D Cheers Martyn ;) You aint gonna let this Robin thing go are you? :razz:

I agree great job in the conditions.
Thanks Dawn
IMG_9463copy.jpg

This is exactly as it appeared at Sevenoaks. Sorry if I appear to have hijacked your thread Rich.

No probs :) Nice capture. I got a few of in amongst the jasmin but shutter speed was down a bit so I got more than a selection for the movement comp this month :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Lovely shot Rich, the isolation of the subject and dof work really well - and Happy Birthday as well :)

Nice shot Rich, (y)
Thanks Dave
Lovely shot Rich, the isolation of the subject and dof work really well - and Happy Birthday as well :)
Cheers john for the comment and wishes
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICH .... bloody kids :LOL:

Now I think you are showing off with this bird now Rich:LOL:out in the open like that lucky you not bad under the circumstances with the light,and Happy Birthday to you hope you are having a good day:)

:LOL: Thanks Kaz. Good day :thinking: I have had to make a spag bog for all the family this end :LOL:

Wonderful what a treat to see one out in the open rather than hidden away

That's a cracking shot for your birthday present Rich, have a nice one. :beer:

Yet another bird I've never seen. Oh well I just keep looking on here to see great pictures of the many, many birds I've yet to encounter. Lovely shot Rich.

Andy

Thanks all, the spag bog came and whent and now I am on my special chocolates :puke:
Here is another from that morning.

g3.jpg

Rich, is this fella still visiting your garden? Can I come and visit if he is?

Rich, is this fella still visiting your garden? Can I come and visit if he is?

I caught a brief glimpse of just one in the garden after these shots were taken Mike, spotted one coming out from a dense ivy covered hawthorn tree up in the woods which is about 20ft away from my garden the day after that. Nothing since the rain has come though :shake: I am wondering if they might well be nesting in amongst the ivy, but not sure if it is a little early or not :shrug: maybe someone could enlighten me. If I notice a bit more regular activity and the weather looks promising I will let you know and you can pop over. (y)

Thanks Rich.
Goldcrests apparently favour conifers, and although they will visit other trees and shrubs there is usually at least one conifer nearby. I think they nest in conifers.
I have seen them in ivy during winter months rooting out insects and spiders. My fieldguide says nesting is in May/June so it's a bit early yet.

Back