One more..

Name
Jaco
Edit My Images
No
Just to say HI, as I walk in!

I'm delighted to have 'discovered' this community an hour ago.
My primary area of interest is birds in flight. The Mrs and I have relocated to the UK a year ago and my hobby has lost some momentum.. which I hope to regain during 2022.

See you around
Jaco

Hi and welcome to TP

As BiF are your thing and as I note you are in Oxfordshire, though it is a sizeable county.

The M40 corridor in the area of Princes Risborough is where you will/should have (all being well) good chances of seeing Red Kites.

Welcome to the forum Jaco, enjoy yourself here :welcome:

Hi Jaco, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Thanks All, and I'll post pics from time to time.
Southern Oxfordshire.. thankfully plenty red kites around and some buzzards from time to time. It's the herons and kingfishers I've to find next.

Thanks All, and I'll post pics from time to time.
Southern Oxfordshire.. thankfully plenty red kites around and some buzzards from time to time. It's the herons and kingfishers I've to find next.
Perhaps stating the obvious......

Herons are fairly widespread, so any local nature reserves with pond or lake may well have some heron residents.

Kingfishers are, as you already be aware, less often seen......though as above if any nearby reserves have water the potential exists that the it could have kingfisher visiting.

But and again possibly stating the obvious, if you manage to locate it/them in non reserve areas please be aware that they are a Schedule 1 protected species and as such it is illegal to approach or disturb them during the nesting period.

All the best in learning about your local area and photographing the bird life :)

Just to say HI, as I walk in!

I'm delighted to have 'discovered' this community an hour ago.
My primary area of interest is birds in flight. The Mrs and I have relocated to the UK a year ago and my hobby has lost some momentum.. which I hope to regain during 2022.

See you around
Jaco
Hello and welcome to TP- I too am a Bird in flight enthusiast :)

Based in Somerset

Les

Back