One Of Our Puppy

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a few snaps the other day and managed to get something reasonably nice. She is a bit too young to be able to sit still so had to do this whilst she was running around after the treat in my hand lol.

She is a 12 Week old staffy.

IMG_5766.jpg

This is another of my other staffy who is 14 months old, it didnt come out as sharp as I wanted and the background is naff but what do you think

IMG_5774.jpg

What do you think could be improved, any tips on pet portraiture?

Thanks

Prob best on aperture priority (av) that way you should get a nice blurred background. Some thing like f4-5 try and shoot in natural light rather than with flash.
I always try and take the photos from a distance when they are more relaxed, or playing with a toy.
The second pic has too much 'nose' lol! I would have tried to lower the head a bit.
Shame about the eyes in the first pic.
I would love to get into pet photography more.

I think they came out quite nice. :)
I am new to the photography world but as a animal-person (and owner) I would say:
The second one I would have tried to get the mouth down a touch, maybe hold the treat just above your lens or if someone else is holding the treats let them hold it near your ear, so that the nose doesn't cover a part of the eye.

Just wondering if there are other comments/tips/tricks?

Thanks for the advice about the Aperture, I was just having a quick snap and had it in Auto as it was dark and in Manual the shutter was too slow for how fast they were moving.

Back