One up for Power Director

Name
Jem Raid
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello there

I answered an art call asking for a video in response to some fonts. They listed the fonts and I chose Bickham and made mine in my usual way of cross fading still images except for this bit, it's called Beamer, video slang for a projector.

View: https://youtu.be/N9PGtPZ_s14

This is a snip of PD14 desktop the vid above is the cluster on the right.

52186149841_1eec9cda54_c.jpg

The blue A indicates a transition missing, I'd done far better ones with different reference numbers. I mention this because all I would have to do to put the newer one in would be to plonk it on top, it would then fill in the A part in the correct time.

Cheers - J

[edit] Apologies forgot the techie stuff, Custom profile - 1080p, MP4, 30 FPS, High Quality, 40MBS, rendered to 100k, Handbrake took it down to 13k I should have done that again and got it to 20k, more haste less speed!

Last edited:
Hi Jem, I’m curious. What’s is “an art call asking for a video in response to some fonts.“?

For the render is there a reason to render 40MBS then compress with handbrake? Why not render directly to the but rate and file size you need?

Hello Tim,

Interesting question thanks for asking, after reading what Handbrake does and some reviews like, astonishing, how on earth does it do it etc I just used it without thinking about it.

This is just my opinion having actually thought about it; the video software has to do a lot especially with long crossfades, if I were to use the standard 25 FPS and 6 MBS the crossfades would be lumpy and glitchy at 30 FPS and 40 MBS they are smooth.

Handbrake sees the MP4 and not all those layers and cross fades. Though I'm sure there is something else going on as well e.g. 12 minutes of crossfades rendered to 1.9GB (in 5 mins by PD14) and reduced to 148K with HB and no loss of quality whatsoever, first time I tried it I could not believe it. Makes it much easier to load stuff to YT or Vimeo as well as sending it off to art calls via WeTransfer.

Just one other thing if you have an Nvidia card, go through its parameters and alter the one that makes transitions smoother.

Cheers

Hello Tim,

Loads of Art Jobs here:https://www.artjobs.com/

Often they ask for artists to do something in response to:- whatever hmmm that would be a good one! :)
And give something rather vague like one I'm pondering at the moment (an) ecstasy from the CUVO Festival 2023 in Madrid

The font one was from a gallery in Leicester, two Ladies had set it up, one was calligrapher they gave us about 6 fonts as I recall, I chose the Bickham one and made stuff beginning with the letter B
Like this one
52195362214_b9ab5f78a9_c.jpg

Cheers - J

Back